Data Scientist II
2801 Scott Blvd Santa Clara, CA 95050
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Data Scientist II to be part of our client’ s team in the South Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
Data Scientist II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Do you enjoy experimenting on groundbreaking technology? If so, be prepared to love your job with us! We are looking for a signal processing engineer to develop innovative signal processing, machine learning and deep learning algorithms for real-time primary analysis on a DNA sequencing instrument. You will also perform deep dives into data and generate insights to help guide experimental teams in hitting both near-term research targets and long-term objectives.
- Develop scalable, custom signal processing, machine learning and deep learning algorithms to decode complex raw signal.
- Write elegant, readable code.
- Contribute in maintaining and enhancing the existing code repository.
- Assist experimental groups with signal analysis and provide requested features as and when needed.
- Perform deep analyses on experimental data using a variety of internal pipelines.
- Collaborate with bioinformatics, statistical modeling, deep learning, and software engineering teams.
- Responsible for planning and timely delivery of assigned projects.
Summary of Qualifications:
- PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Physics or related scientific discipline.
- Very strong foundation in advanced signal processing and machine learning/deep learning concepts.
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms - including computational complexity analysis.
- Very strong foundation in Data Science and analytics
- Strong algorithms development skills: Python, C++
- Fluency with modern software engineering practices: version control, code reviews, automated testing, etc.
- Clear thinker and communicator, verbal and in-writing; collaborative attitude