Weld Operator 1
2701 Orchard Pkwy San Jose, CA 95134
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Weld Operator 1 to be part of our Client’ s team in San Jose.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Weld Operator 1
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area, in San Jose.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Follows verbal and/or written job instructions
- Perform MIG and TIG welds throughout a limited range of material gages, alloys and positions
- Performs basic adjustments on MIG and TIG welding machines as needed.
- Handle and stack parts in a way that ensures dimensional and cosmetic integrity.
- Develop and build basic fixturing
- May operate weld robot
- Maintain a safe and organized work area
- Performs basic sheet metal operations in various departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- One year of metalworking related experience is required of which 6 months must have been MIG and or TIG welding
Knowledge / Skills:
- Requires the ability to read and understand written documents.
- Read and comprehend basic blueprints
- Use of basic weld fixtures
- Basic arithmetic such as addition and subtraction.
- The ability to straighten welded parts
- Use of dial calipers, vernier calipers, protractors, squares and other measuring instruments as required
- Most assigned tasks for this position may involve “ Medium Work”, however some may involve “ Heavy Work” as defined below. The hiring authority may review the applicant’ s physical ability based on the specific tasks to be assigned.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to20 pounds of force constantly to move objects