1555 Adams Drive Menlo Park, CA 94025
Menlo Park, CA
PURPOSE OF JOB: The Warehouse Supervisor organizes, leads, monitors and coordinates activities of Material Handlers to support all aspects of inventory control, including but not limited to shipping, receiving, cycle counts, management of stockrooms, and distribution.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and improve material/inventory management best practices to ensure prioritized movement of material through the production cycle, i.e. receipts are completed, material issued to production and or R&D, orders are picked per daily requirements and shipped accurately, including coordination of order fulfillment with 3PL partners.
- Supervise warehouse personnel.
- Responsible for maintaining organized and accurate material inventory, maintaining lot control for all components issued from controlled storage areas.
- Provides technical direction to maintain the warehouse in a neat, clean and orderly manner. Manage and optimize daily warehousing operations including staging, cycle count, and storage of materials.
- Works with Buyer/Planner to ensure appropriate inventory levels of raw materials are maintained and communicate inventory requirements to suppliers where appropriate.
- Oversee the performance of all transactions related to inventory control, ensuring inventory accuracy is maintained.
- Collaborate with team to improve operational processes through continuous improvement activities.
- Works with Buyer/Planner to provide End of Month reporting
- Create a positive working environment that will allow employees to be motivated and productive in the facility
- Communicates company strategies to department and develops strategies to meet business and inventory objectives using lean concepts.
- Ensure proper training of new Material Handlers
- Coordinate shipment of miscellaneous packages upon request
- Ensures department compliance with plant safety procedures to ensure a safe environment.
- Subject Matter Expert for Internal, External and Financial audits
- Provide QAD support to peers
- Participates in special projects as required
- Develop and maintain departmental procedures and ensure compliance to on-time training of direct reports to all required quality system documents.
EDUCATION /EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 6 years of inventory management and/or warehousing experience in a medical device and FDA regulated environment
- Class III medical device experience a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Expertise with MS Office applications.
- ERP/MRP experience.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Excellent communications and time management skills required.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS, VISUAL ACUITY, AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Physical Activity - Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling. Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Physical Requirements – Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual Acuity - The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- Working Conditions - The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work).