10808 Willow Court San Diego, CA 92127
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Validation Engineer to be part of our client’ s team in San Diego. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Validation Engineer supports validation activities related to facility, manufacturing process, cleaning process, equipment, critical utilities, and computerized systems.
- These will encompass new facility/equipment/process, process and equipment changes, and periodic requalification/revalidation.
- The incumbent prepares validation plans, protocols, test scripts and reports throughout all stages of validation lifecycle.
- Furthermore, the incumbent will be responsible for coordination and execution of validation activities and be expected to play a key role in developing and driving risk based validation approach during essential stages of product lifecycle including process design/control strategy development, technology transfer, equipment/utilities commissioning & qualification (C&Q), process performance qualification (PPQ), continued process verification (CPV), process control/risk management, and product decommissioning.
- Perform qualification of manufacturing equipment, facility and utility systems (including CIP/SIP qualification), cleaning validation, and process validation. Scope of responsibilities includes drafting of qualification protocols and summary reports, field execution, and data analysis.
- As needed coordinate and provide directions to contract personnel performing validation activities.
- Support the development and execution of FATs, SATs, DQ, IQ, OQ, PQ, and other relevant life cycle documents leveraged to support validation effort.
- Support the development and update of validation master plans, validation project plans, SOPs, risk assessments, user requirements, cleaning assessments, technical assessment reports.
- Support cleaning and sterilization (including CIP/SIP, manual cleaning, steam sterilization, and dry heat depyrogenation) development activities.
- Support periodic requalification and revalidation effort.
- Work independently and directly interface with personnel from multiple departments including Technical Development, Manufacturing, Engineering, Manufacturing Support, MAC, QC, and QA.
- Support gap assessment/closure, corrective actions, and compliance remediation related to Validation.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor' s Degree in Engineering or Science discipline, advanced degree is a plus.
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant validation experience in regulated industry. The engineer is expected to be proficient in at least 2 of 7 validation core expertise.
- Expertise in the following areas is must: Facility/Equipment/Utility Qualification, Cleaning/Sterilization Cycle Development, Cleaning Validation, and Process Validation.
- Familiar with applicable domestic and international GMP regulations impacting validation requirements (e.g. 21 CFR 210).
- Familiar with current industry guidance documents impacting validation best practices (e.g. FDA Process Validation guidance, ISO 13485, ISO 14971, ASTM E2500, and applicable PDA Technical Reports).
- Experience with customer and regulatory inspection.
- Strong understanding of quality risk management principles, including best practice in risk based C&Q approach.
- Hands on validation experience in developing validation documentation and field execution.
- Project Management experience is a plus
- Validation Core Expertise: Facility Qualification, Equipment Qualification, Utilities Qualification, Cleaning Validation, Process Validation, Sterilization Validation, Computerized System Validation
- Familiarity and demonstrated knowledge of biologics manufacturing processes, including fermentation, purification, and bulk filling processes.
- Ability to work independently in a matrix team environment, influence team decisions, and exercise sound judgement in determining compliant and robust validation approach.
- Ability to multi-task with demonstrated track records in meeting deliverable timelines.
- Must demonstrate the ability to think critically and analytically with acumen for trouble-shooting and problem solving.
- Good interpersonal skills, and accountable with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to function effectively and independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated and willing to tackle assignments and development opportunities outside of job scope as needed.
- Ability to interpret engineering and facility drawings such as facility layouts, blueprints, material/process flow diagrams, and equipment P&IDs.
- Expert Microsoft Word / Powerpoint and Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills are required.
- Understanding of basic statistics, acceptance sampling, and familiar with statistics software such as Minitab and JMP
- Hands on experience with facility/equipment/utility qualification, cleaning validation, process validation, and sterilization validation experience (steam sterilization and dry heat depyrogenation) in GMP environment is required.
- Hands on experience with CIP/SIP cycle development and qualification is required.
- Automation and Part 11 validation experience is a plus.