VP of Enterprise Architecture
1450 Fashion Island Blvd. San Mateo, CA 94404 | Direct Hire
Position: VP of Enterprise Architecture
Industry: Financial Services
Location: San Mateo, CA
Bayside Solutions is seeking a VP of Enterprise Architecture to be part of our client’ s team in San Mateo, CA.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Acts as an expert advisor, coach and mentor to technology leadership and management team on latest architecture principles and approach
- Establish and oversee EA governance framework and ensure integration with the IT operating model
- Educate, mentor and coach architects across the technology organization.
- Provides oversight of infrastructure, security, data and application architecture
- Define SOA architecture, including middleware, integration, and data management frameworks
- Work with Information Management team to define enterprise master data standards, establish and lead enterprise MDM governance
- Identify emerging information technologies to be assimilated, integrated, and introduced within the company
- Develops road map for evolution of the application portfolio from current to future state
- Collaborates with the CTO, other members of the Technology Leadership team and key stakeholders from the business functions, develop an Enterprise Architecture Vision & Strategy
- Links business vision to its Technology strategy through the creation of architectural models that show how the current and future technology needs of the organization can be met and potential paths to pursue
- Define and communicate the company’ s strategic platforms and target architecture – publish and maintain the business-system capability map and reference architecture
- Engage and develop relationships with leaders across the global organization to understand functional business requirements and identify opportunities to introduce new technology solutions
- Facilitate evaluation and selection of software product standards, as well as the design of standard software configurations.
- Assist in the creation and assessment of request for proposals for vendor, software and hardware selection.
- Minimum 15+ years of industry experience in a complex global organization with 7+ years’ experience as an enterprise, solution or technology architect.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a senior leadership role(s) with a track record for building high quality teams.
- Exceptional at influencing senior business and technology stakeholders across the organization, effectively leading change, originating ideas, and championing and gaining commitment.
- Understanding of foundational architectural concepts (design, business technology strategy, quality management, human dynamics, and IT environment).
- Experienced with cloud based technologies, integrations and design; latest mobile architectures.
- Expertise in all architecture layers (technology/infrastructure, applications, information and business process) and have previously interacted across several areas of an enterprise with business leaders and technology teams that support them.