Utility Plant Operator I
640 Forbes Blvd., SSF09 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Utility Plant Operator I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Utility Plant Operator I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Operate all utility systems and utility subsystems
- Ensure all utility systems and utility subsystems are operated and maintained in the following manner:
- All preventative maintenance is performed at the appropriate interval and is completed by the assigned due date (adhere to all applicable SOP' s).
- All equipment remains in its designed cGMP and/or validated state at all times
- All equipment operation is in accordance with Federal, State, local, and Genentech regulations, procedures, and policies
- Ensure/maintain all utility equipment areas in a constant state of inspection readiness; specifically but not limited to the following:
- Personnel and Equipment Safety
- Compliance to cGMP requirements
- Continuously evaluate the operation of all utility systems and utility subsystems at.
- Identify specific process improvement needs and provide recommendations for system upgrades.
- Identify training deficiencies, provide recommendations for training and where applicable provide training.
- Continuously evaluate all operational Standard Operating Procedures and Preventive Maintenance procedures for accuracy and applicability.
- Submit appropriate change requests through the Facility Services Document Tracking Data Base to correct any deficiencies discovered.
- Provide operational support to Facility Services, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Research and Development.
- This support must not interfere with the normal day to day operation of any utility systems and utility subsystems.
- Perform Confined Space Entry on an as needed basis.
- Complete preventive maintenance and assigned paperwork in a timely manner following all cGMP documentation guidelines.
- Responsible for gathering and documenting the appropriate information associated with a System Discrepancy, (An event in manufacturing process and/or support system that is outside approved operating parameters or approved procedures).
- Work with various chemicals, steam, pressurized gases/liquids of various temperatures.
- Work in close proximity to moving equipment.
- Conduct work in an FDA regulated environment.
- Manage the day to day operation of the Utility systems including:
- Point of contact for customer guidance and support.
- Monitor the overall operation and status of the Utility Systems and submit work notifications for System repairs as needed.
- Ensure all Utility rounds are completed and missed rounds are documented in the Utilities eLog
- Responsible for ensuring rounds are completed at a minimum of once every twenty-four hours for GMP/Validated Critical Equipment.
- Read the Utility eLog daily and ensure all relevant information is being documented.
- Responsible for monitoring Utility work request queue and advancing notifications into work orders and completing all necessary TECOs.
- Managing work order queues from SAP as required.
- Assist in troubleshooting efforts for all Utility Equipment that is directly impacting Manufacturing processes.
Summary of Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Technical degree, certificate, or coursework is a plus.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in an industrial/manufacturing maintenance/operation environment.
- Completion of technical school or accredited 2 year program.
- Strong interpersonal skills are a must.
- Proficiency in both oral and written communications is essential
- Must have the ability to work safely in an environment containing hazardous chemicals, high and low temperature liquids, high pressure liquids and gasses, steam, and moving machinery.
- Ability to respond to and evaluate a variety of situations involving mechanical, electrical and systems controls
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance and equipment servicing according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Must have general knowledge of shop tool operation and safety.
- Ability to read and Understand P & lDs, work from Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and have basic computer skills using word processors, spreadsheets, databases, and email.
- Must be detail oriented and demonstrate good record keeping practices.
- Ability to work overtime or temporarily modify shift schedule to support manufacturing operations as needed.
- Proficiency in understanding of Federal, State, Local and clients’ regulations, procedures, and policies.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills including preparing technical reports, the revision of various procedures (SOPs, IPs, etc.) and the Utilization of the SAP work order system.
- Ability to work with minimum or no supervision