301 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Utilities Worker to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Plant Operations Staff Perform varied tasks of emptying trash containers, sweeping and mopping floors. Work is performed continually to ensure area is clean and safe.
- Receive and complete written work orders or verbal instructions from supervisor to include, but not limited to minor drywall repair and painting, Insulation repairs.
- Operate gas/electric powered cleaning equipment such as sweepers, blowers, industrial polishers, power washers, etc., as needed.
- Remove all materials to appropriate containers/exterior dumpster and perform cleaning as needed.
- Assist maintenance personnel when needed
- May be required to operate two-way radio for communications. May be required to replace defective lamps, bulbs, and/or ballasts as needed.
- May move or lift light to moderately heavy equipment requiring physical strength to withstand the strain of manual labor.
- Report as needed, plumbing, electrical or building repairs to supervisor in a timely manner.
- May be responsible for completing work requests requiring limited use of hand tools, also preventative maintenance of plumbing and cleanup of mechanical spaces.
- Provide operational support to Facility Services, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Research and Development.
- This support must not interfere with the normal day to day operation of any utility systems and utility subsystems at Genentech SSF.
- Perform Confined Space Entry on an as needed basis.
- Complete preventive maintenance and assigned paperwork in a timely manner following all cGMP documentation guidelines.
- Responsible for gathering and documenting the appropriate information associated with a System Discrepancy, (An event in manufacturing process and/or support system that is outside approved operating parameters or approved procedures).
- Work in close proximity to moving equipment.
- Conduct work in an FDA regulated environment.
Summary of Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Technical degree, certificate, or coursework a plus.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in an industrial / manufacturing maintenance/operation environment.
- Completion of technical school or accredited 2 year program.
- Strong interpersonal skills are a must. Proficiency in both oral and written communications is essential
- Must have the ability to work safely in an environment containing hazardous chemicals, high and low temperature liquids, high pressure liquids and gasses, steam, and moving machinery.
- Ability to respond to and evaluate a variety of situations involving mechanical, electrical and systems controls
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance and equipment servicing according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Must have general knowledge of shop tool operation and safety.
- Ability to read and Understand P & lDs, work from Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and have basic computer skills using word processors, spreadsheets, databases, and email.
- Must be detail oriented and demonstrate good record keeping practices.
- Ability to work overtime or temporarily modify shift schedule to support manufacturing operations as needed.
- Proficiency in understanding of Federal, State, Local and Genentech regulations, procedures, and policies.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills including preparing technical reports, the revision of various procedures (SOPs, IPs, etc.) and the Utilization of the SAP work order system. Ability to work with minimum or no supervision