Training Specialist III
1 DNA Way, SSF01 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Training Specialist III to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Training Specialist III
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Training Specialist will primarily support the Pharmaceutical Technical Development (PTD) organization through the Learning Management System (LMS). This position will serve as the departmental resource expert on both the technical and functional learning concepts. The training specialist is responsible for deploying and managing learning solutions.
- Learning Management System (LMS) Management:
- Create, edit, and delimit training requirements in the LMS with input from learners, subject matter experts, other learning and development team members to ensure accurate learning plans are maintained.
- Thoroughly research learners training request and questions to provide the best practices for training solutions.
- Review submitted training records, assessments and controlled documents for accuracy and completion to ensure timely data entry.
- Manage the training request queue.
- Act as the subject matter expert on learning solutions and systems.
- Provide guidance and recommendations on best training practices.
- Lead and take ownership on role tasks creation, role-based learning assignments, and proficiency matrices with assigned client groups.
- Partner with the Shared Service Center (SSC) through submittal of transactional processes.
- Ability to deliver high quality training and transfer of knowledge to small and large groups.
- Prepare presentation and facilitate classroom sessions.
- Interact with learners and provide a wide variety of training delivery methods.
- Maintain communications with training coordinators to determine learning event dates, locations, and other logistics are performed in a timely manner.
- Program/Client Management:
- Manage training programs including program development, ongoing maintenance, deployment and support to assigned client group.
- Work with client groups to define training needs, gaps and implement proficiency matrices.
- Identify, prepare and collaborate with trainers and training staff locally and across organization to identify and employ best practices.
- Continually explore learning and development best practices and proactively identify new technologies and content that improve organizational performance.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BA/BS with 5-8 years of work experience. Preferably within the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a training and/or learning and development role.
- Experience using a Learning Management System (LMS) such as CHRIS LSO/ Cornerstone preferred.
- Experience in working in a regulated environment that requires an understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and safety requirements.
- Science or Life Science background is a plus.
- Experience with adult learning solutions.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal and partnering skills: works well within teams and is effective in collaborating with others.
- Familiar in using SAP reporting software to generate standard and customized training reports.
- Strong PC/MAC computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office and Google Apps (gSheets, gSlides, etc.).