Temporary Fermentation Research Associate
6121 Hollis St., Suite 700 Emeryville, CA 94107
Our client in the East Bay is looking for a Research Associate - Fermentation Operations team member to join their team!
Bayside Solutions is seeking a highly motivated, professional and Research Associate to be a part of a fermentation operations team with a high-growth organization. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team in a forward thinking biotech company to work with unique bio-engineer microbes for their clientele.
A successful RA, will be a part of the Fermentation Operations team and will help create new technologies, bring in cutting edge protocols described in the literature, and improve protocols to provide newer and better workflows to their microbe engineering Factory.
This person will be focusing on the continual improvement of both high throughput screening and fermentation workflows. These associates are required to be able to identify and implement improvements in existing processes and establish protocols for new programs.
The culture is very start-up minded and looking for candidates that will push their program forward and to be innovative, take initiative.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Fermentation Research Associate:
- An opportunity to significantly impart the future of the company’ s operations.
- A competitive base salary.
- On the job training, both in person/online.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Experiment design and execution, preparing reagents, collecting and analyzing data.
- Setup, running, and turn-around of lab scale fermenters, including work in off hours.
- Preparation of complex media with multiple variations for both plates and fermenters.
- Operation of multiple types of robotic systems, including but not limited to, liquid handlers, colony pickers, barcoders, and automated plate readers and improvement of robotic scripts.
- Establishment of new assays to measure in-process fermentation samples and samples from high throughput strain screening.
- BS and 2+ years of relevant industrial experience or MS with independent research experience.
- Experience using lab automation (Beckman, Tecan, etc.) to enable complicated or high-throughput protocols.
- Experience with a variety of microbes, a variety of fermentation processes (aerobic, microaerobic, and anaerobic), and a variety of fermentation products (proteins, small molecules)
- Experience with programming, familiarity with statistical concepts, or experience with analysis software such as JMP.
- A strong understanding of cellular physiology to troubleshoot and improve existing cultivation models.
- A proven track record in identifying and implementing process improvements.