Technical Support Specialist
10260 Bubb Road Cupertino, CA 95014
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Technical Support Specialist to be a part of our partner’ s team in the South Bay Area.
Our partner’ s culture is professional and hard working. They foster longevity and stability within their organization.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Technical Support Specialist
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop and commercialize novel drugs for treating rare diseases.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support and information on the use of the product lines to customers
- Receive and process inquiries from customers; analyze and resolve customer problems
- Identify and distribute product information according to customer needs
- Provide customer service support by taking, checking and processing product orders
- Manage technical information resources, including database of scientific references, bibliographies, and tables
- Act as a technical resource to our international distributors
- Data entry: accurately collect and enter customer contact information to SalesLogix CRM database
- Data entry: read scientific publications and enter relevant product information in EndNote reference database
- Assist in the generation of technical and promotional product literature (i.e., newsletters, fact sheets, etc.)
- Participate and contribute to the implementation of product training workshops
- Represent company at tradeshows, conferences and events
- Perform ad hoc marketing projects
- BA/BS Degree in Science Related Field
- 6 months to 2 years of Life Science technical support or customer service experience
- Highly driven, independent worker with a strong motivation to succeed. Demonstrated customer service and organizational skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and working understanding of life science research, including scientific method
- Ability to perform insightful and resourceful problem solving
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of reference databases (i.e., EndNote) a plus
- Have an understanding of confidentiality
- Fluency in languages other than English a plus
- Ability to use of both hands for extended periods of time while performing regular tasks for in-taking orders, including typing and writing
- Ability to lift, move and handle materials weighing up to 25 lbs unassisted. Ability to reach overhead.
- Ability to speak and hear clearly, particularly on the phone or headset
- 95% of work is performed in a typical office environment.
- Willingness to travel as needed (5-10%)