Technical Project Manager
11555 Dublin Canyon Road Pleasanton, CA 94588 | Contract-to-Hire
Position: Technical Project Manager
Client Industry: Retail
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Terms: Full Time
About Us: Founded in 2001, Bayside Solutions has been recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: we have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
Our client in East Bay is looking to add a Technical Project Manager to their rapidly growing team. This is a full time opportunity.
About the opportunity: As a Technical Project Manager, you will be responsible for delivering projects within Digital Marketing and e-Commerce business functions. Your tasks include planning, managing, and tracking project activities, scope, risks and budget to ensure successful execution of projects while adhering to the PMO' s methodology and standards. In this role, you will lead application development teams and work in close association with functional IT teams, business stakeholders and company leadership across the globe.
- Provide tactical planning for cross-portfolio programs and systems.
- Lead and assume accountability for the quality and on-time delivery of the project, with responsibility to provide visibility and necessary reports/updates to senior leadership teams.
- Foster a healthy work environment that rewards individual and team efforts; encourages creativity while maintaining high caliber productivity and quality.
- Partner with e-Commerce Product Manager, Enterprise Architecture, IT PMO, Application Development, and Services and Support teams to create detailed plans for both Digital Marketing and e-Commerce initiatives.
- Follow PMO' s defined methodology and standards, and look for opportunities to improve existing Project Management best practices, including the adoption of industry standard tools, technologies, and methodologies.
- Track time and attendance of project team members, review vendor invoices and timesheets, review SOWs and Change Orders as necessary for the project needs.
- Provide thought leadership and help define a vision for the expansion and improvement of a world-class project management organization, addressing elements of culture, recruiting, training, best practices/process, opportunity management, and quality assurance.
- At least 5+ years’ experience in project management and software development.
- Sound knowledge in Project Planning particularly with Microsoft Project software.
- Experience in an iterative approach for development environments; managing agile/scrum projects is preferred.
- Must possess superior problem-solving skills, be action-oriented and decisive.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure to balance competing priorities in meeting business deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to effectively articulate and present complex concepts, ideas and strategies to senior leadership and end-users.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, coach, counsel and train team members.
- Previous experience with medium to large projects in retail organizations, specifically pertaining to Digital Marketing and e-Commerce business functions will be considered an asset.
- Bachelors or Master' s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.