6701 Kaiser Drive
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 16267
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Talent Acquisition Manager to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Talent Acquisition Manager
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Talent Acquisition Manager is responsible for management and oversight of all recruitment activities within Biopharmaceuticals ensuring that all is performed compliantly and in line with all government guidelines (OFCCP, Department of Labor, etc).
- Designs, delivers and oversees the customized recruitment strategies (in some cases confidential), as well as, the implementation plans and overall execution for the business unit. Participates in talent reviews and workforce planning discussions with Human Resources Business Partners and/or the business in order to identify talent gaps and/or future pipelining needs.
- Supports Talent Acquisition external networking efforts for the business, with particular focus on Diversity and long term talent needs.
- Conducts recruitment for the most strategic openings in the Biopharmaceuticals business unit. This is inclusive of preparing the compensation recommendations for the selected candidate and alignment with Hiring Manager, HR Business Partner, Leadership and Compensation (as needed). Responsible for preparing & presenting individual departmental recruiting metrics and scorecard data on an annual basis to solicit feedback on Talent Acquisition delivery performance. Identify gaps to be addressed as well as the solutions and implement for the business unit.
- Position will be accountable for ensuring adherence to Talent Acquisition identified recruiting processes and oversight of relationships with the external recruiting partner.
- Ensures the execution of the Talent Acquisition strategies with legal and compliance factored in at all times. Engages the appropriate partners as needed.
- The Talent Acquisition Manager operates with a high degree of independence and will report to the Director, Talent Acquisition.
- Partners with hiring managers, senior leadership and Human Resources Business Partners to establish sourcing & recruiting strategies to create and foster strong active and passive candidate pipelines.
- Develops an external network of vendors and talent sources that facilitate the development of a passive candidate pool, with focus on diversity and long term talent needs.
- Oversees vendors' (RPO and external recruitment Agencies (contingent + retained) execution of the recruitment strategy established for each opening.
- Provides indirect coaching & oversight to an outsourced staff (3-6 team members)of dedicated recruitment employees (motivates and monitors performance) in partnership with the RPO leads.
- Conducts recruiting for the most strategic openings in the Biopharmaceuticals business unit, partnering closely with Senior Leaders to accomplish recruitment objectives.
- Develops a sourcing strategy for these openings with the Hiring Manager and Human Resources Business Partner, identify candidates & present a diverse slate to the Hiring Manager for interview / assessment.
- Anticipates Talent Acquisition Trends for the business unit that he/she supports. Identifies current or future talent shortages/talent trends/new ways to identify external talent for the business unit that he/she supports
- Participation in external networking/recruiting events
- BS/BA Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management or a related field from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum of five (5) years of Human Resources experience (generalist or center of excellence - Compensation, Benefits, Talent Acquisition, etc.) with a demonstrated knowledge of successful end-to-end recruitment experience preferred.
- Previous experience/knowledge of Biopharmaceuticals market industry and specifically the San Francisco Bay area (inclusive of specific functions such as supply chain/logistics, engineering, quality, validation, process science, project management & manufacturing)
- HR or SPHR or advanced degree a plus.
- Expertise in leading a recruiting/staffing service/function/client group strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting for leadership level positions, inclusive of managing confidential searches
- Demonstrated knowledge of co-employment practices as well as OFCCP and EEO regulations
- Proficiency in MS Office, Professional Networking Platforms and Applicant Tracking Systems (Taleo knowledge preferred)
- Strong leadership ability and business acumen required.
- Ability to travel (overnight trips, ~10%)