2841 Scott Blvd
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 15570
Bayside Solutions is seeking a System Support Tech to be part of our client’ s team in the South Bay Area. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
System Support Tech
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Working under general supervision, receiving general instructions; the individual in this position will install, maintain, calibrate and validate mature automated clinical instrumentation.
- Working under general supervision, receiving general instructions; the individual in this position will require the performance of ancillary instrument support related tasks such as; conducting instrument operator maintenance training, documentation of instrument service, creation and/or revision of instrument parameter media, and maintenance of instrument related tools, parts and consumables. Occasional travel may be required.
- Knows and effectively uses the broad concepts of System and customer support.
- Solves a variety of problems of diverse scope and complexity.
- Analyzes alternative approaches to creatively solve problems and/or develops new perspectives on existing solutions.
- Establishes, as appropriate, internal/cross-functional/customer relationships.
- May establish and work with individuals or teams outside of RMD.
- May provide guidance and training to other employees.
- May serve as a knowledge resource to lower levels and to other areas.
- Plans and executes own work.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Associate' s Degree in electrical or electronic engineering or equivalent training with job related experience.
- Bachelor' s Degree or equivalent in engineering or related field, preferred.
- 2-6 years relevant work experience with a good basic knowledge of instrument support
- 3 + years in medical device industry, preferably " hands on" experience with medical instrument maintenance.
- Good understanding of molecular diagnostics products.
- Applicable knowledge of RMS products and instruments.
- Working knowledge of hand tools and electronic test equipment.
- Knowledge of Quality System Requirements (QSR), In Vitro Diagnostics Directive requirements (IVDD) and customer service concepts.
- Excellent inter-personal and customer relations skills.
- Knowledge of FDA Quality System Regulation 21 CFR-820, ISO9000 preferred.
- Must have strong interpersonal, oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with shipping and inventory control is highly desirable.
- Must be able to work to tight, multiple deadlines with short lead times.
- Able to track and report product and process characteristics.
- Ability to analyze data, trending, etc.
- Proficient in use and application of computer software including, Excel, Access, MS Outlook, etc.