System Support Engineer I/II
4300 Hacienda Dr Pleasanton, CA 94588 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a System Support Engineer I/II to be part of our client’ s team in the Tri-Valley. This is an opportunity to work with a nanopore based DNA sequencing company dedicated to making genetic testing easy and affordable. They are developing a revolutionary, low cost, and semiconductor based DNA/RNA reador. This technology will improve the lives of people with a wide variety of applications including the timely screening of newborns for diseases and the diagnosis of cancers and infectious diseases.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. They take pride in strong, global relationships with the patient, research and medical communities, and take equal pride in carefully selecting their colleagues.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
System Support Engineer I/II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Systems Support Engineer must be committed to customer satisfaction, with the ability to follow instructions and demonstrate outstanding inter-personal skills.
- Being a team player is essential since this position interfaces daily with coworkers as well as various interdisciplinary functional areas within the organization.
- Includes some travel locally (approximately once a month) to the clients facility.
- Working under general supervision, receiving general instructions; the individual in this position will install, maintain, calibrate and validate mature automated clinical instrumentation.
- Working under general supervision, receiving general instructions; the individual in this position will require the performance of ancillary instrument support related tasks such as; conducting instrument operator maintenance training, documentation of instrument service, creation and/or revision of instrument parameter media, and maintenance of instrument related tools, parts and consumables.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Knows and effectively uses the broad concepts of System and customer support.
- Solves a variety of problems of diverse scope and complexity.
- Analyzes alternative approaches to creatively solve problems and/or develops new perspectives on existing solutions.
- Establishes, as appropriate, internal/cross-functional/customer relationships.
- May establish and work with individuals or teams outside of the client.
- May provide guidance and training to other employees.
- May serve as a knowledge resource to lower levels and to other areas.
- Plans and executes own work.
- Associate' s Degree (Community College, MBO) is a must.
- Minimum 2 - 5 years’ experience with HP Blade, or similar hardware
- 3 + years in medical device industry, preferably hands on experience with medical instrument maintenance. Good understanding of molecular diagnostics products.
- Working knowledge of hand tools and electronic test equipment.
- Knowledge of Quality System Requirements (QSR), In Vitro Diagnostics Directive requirements (IVDD) and customer service concepts.
- Excellent inter-personal and customer relations skills.