System Engineer I
2841 Scott Blvd Santa Clara, CA 95050
Bayside Solutions is seeking a System Engineer I to be part of our client’ s team in Santa Clara. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
System Engineer I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- We’ re looking for a motivated and team-oriented individual who is passionate about revolutionary sequencing technology.
- The System Engineer I will become an expert on the operation, theory, and data analysis from the new Single Molecule Sequencing platform and help take the instrument and system from an advanced proof of concept to an operational laboratory instrument.
- Drawing on experience in biochemistry, chemistry and/or materials science, the System Engineer I will design and implement experiments on the sequencer and will help develop and analyze biochip surfaces, interfaces, and processes.
- Using analysis programs, the candidate will manipulate and present experimental results to answer various questions related to the robustness of the consumable devices and the system.
- The candidate will help create new operating processes and sample assays to make economical sequencing a reality.
- The candidate must be self-motivated, details-oriented, and able to work well in a team.
- Accurately and consistently record experimental method, materials, and results for consumable device QC tasks
- Become an expert on the operation of the High Throughput Sequencing Platform Characterize assays and analyze results of instrument operation with various sample preparations and under various operating parameters
- Be a key contributor to the creation of instrument operating protocols
- Help define and perform assay development in a fast-paced environment
- Debug instrumentation mechanical and software issues to create a robust platform
- Assist lab personnel by customizing analysis scripts to understand system performance
- Optimize instrument performance for quick set-up, high throughput, and high speed sequencing results
- Good understanding of statistical methods Excellent oral and written communication skills
Summary of Qualifications:
- B.S./M.S. in a biology, biochemistry, chemistry, or materials discipline with the ability to perform statistical analysis of data with programs such as JMP, Matlab, R.
- Familiarity with computer programming in languages such as or Python is a plus OR B.S./M.S. in computer science, electrical engineering, biomolecular engineering, chemical engineering, statistics, or a related discipline with a background in molecular biology, biology, or biochemistry
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent written and electronic record keeping skills
- Understanding of DNA manipulation techniques and sequencing methodologies
- Familiarity with the Linux or Unix operating systems a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- You’ re someone who wants to influence your own development.
- You’ re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and disciplines.
- Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.