System Engineer I
2841 Scott Blvd Santa Clara, CA 95032
Bayside Solutions is seeking a System Engineer I to be part of our client’ s team in the Santa Clara. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
System Engineer I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Client’ s site is developing nanopore technology to make genetic testing easy, reliable, and affordable. Creating a revolutionary, low cost, portable, DNA/RNA reader that can be used to improve the lives of people in a wide variety of applications including the timely screening of newborns for diseases and the diagnosis of cancers and infectious diseases.
- The client is looking for a motivated and team-oriented individual who is passionate about revolutionizing sequencing technology. As a System Engineer I, you will learn how to use the new Sequencing platform and help to develop the final operating protocols. The candidate will help design and perform wet-lab experiments to further develop the sequencing prototype instrument. The candidate will work with his/her manager and team members to interpret the experimental results and design future experiments. The candidate must be self-motivated and able to work well in a team environment.
- Become an expert on the operation of the client’ s Single Molecule Sequencing Platform.
- Perform a variety of sequencing and sequencing related experiments on a daily basis, help to analyze and interpret the data.
- General support of diverse research and development activities.
- Contribute to the platform verification team as a member by executing, analyzing, and interpreting the results of platform verification studies.
- Assist in preparing information for verification documentation and verification reviews.
- Perform all work using best laboratory practices and maintain a well-organized and concise record of work performed and progress made.
Summary of Qualifications:
- B.S. degree or higher in the science/engineering required.
- Previous laboratory experience required.
- Some computer scripting skills required (Python preferred).
- Previous experience with prototype instruments or single molecule systems is desirable.
- Previous experience in verification and validation is desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in teams and across scientific disciplines is essential.
- The candidate should be passionate, self-motivated, and possess a strong desire to acquire on-the-job training.