System Engineer I/II
4300 Hacienda Dr Pleasanton, CA 94588
Bayside Solutions is seeking a System Engineer I/II to be part of our client’ s team in the Tri-Valley. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
System Engineer I/II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The System Integration Department is in need of an engineer or scientist experienced in the development of instruments and software associated with the operation of IVD diagnostic tests running on automated systems.
- The employee' s primary responsibilities will be in the laboratory. However, the employee will also review and edit project documentation (for example, system test cases and reports). Candidate should be proficient in executing and documenting test results in a regulated environment. The person hired will focus on laboratory work associated with system and software feasibility testing, pre-validation system/software testing, analysis of results, and formal validation of systems under development.
- The candidate may interface with internal assay development teams. Laboratory experience and knowledge of client’ s products are desirable. The candidate should also have excellent communication skills and be able to work independently as required. The employee will perform tasks as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Ability to perform instrument/software/system feasibility and validation testing according to instructions from RMS technical staff.
- Laboratory work experience in the medical device industry or in a laboratory using robotic instruments. Experience with testing instrument software and hardware.
- Familiarity with running clinical diagnostic instruments.
- Experience with PCR sample preparation and PCR experiments is a plus.
- Assists in system troubleshooting issues, and follow-up, as required.
- Performs ad-hoc testing on software releases during product development.
- Drafts and manages test case procedures. Also assists in the review of test case procedures.
- Executes test cases, records test results, and compiles associated documentation.
- Presents findings at group meetings, as required.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor' s degree in Engineering, Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- 1-5 years relevant hardware and/or software testing experience or equivalent combination of education and/or work related experience.
- Experience in or knowledge of assay development strongly desired.
- High competence, with a track record of strong problem solving.
- Organized and detail-oriented, with demonstrated analytical skills.
- Experience with MS Office suite.
- Experience in medical device industry is preferred.