System Engineer (SCCM)
5130 Hacienda Drive Dublin, CA 94568
System Engineer (SCCM)
Location: Dublin, CA
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement patch and vulnerability remediation process including package creation, testing and deployment.
- Develop and optimize pre- and post- patching process to ensure proper implementation without any outages.
- Coordinate patch schedule with other teams such as patch team, infrastructure management, security operations, governance & risk. Communicate project and operational metrics.
- Assess software patches and create recommended patch list with logical explanation in terms of compliance.
- Score each patch based on risks & opportunity to prioritize. Identify which patches are more valuable to the organization than others.
- Assist in developing action plans, schedules, budgets, status and metrics reports as well as other management communications intended to improve the patch management program.
- Thorough testing of patches in a non-Production environment. Must be able to think ahead to avoid business outages based on the lab results.
- Assist in the process for vulnerability and patch management ensuring they are compatible with the company' s business needs and strategic objectives
- Available for rotation assignment for on-call support duties
- 8 to 12 years’ experience supporting diverse IT systems, processes or capabilities
- Must have excellent competency with SCCM, WSUS and other patching tools.
- Must be able to create deployment patch package using SCCM and WSUS
- Solid understanding of industry best practices for Patch Management; specific demonstrated experience mapping business processes and comparing those processes to industry best practices
- Understanding of the balance between business and patch requirements
- Proficiency in scripting of packaged installation of patches, software and configuration changes.
- Must have understanding of network, system and application security
- Knowledge of various vulnerability scanning solutions, scripting and automation
- Experience with automation tool like Ansible, data base and Java application development (in-house developed or off-the-shelf) will be a plus