410 allerton ave
South San Francisco,
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 16107
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Supply Chain Management Contractor to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Supply Chain Management Contractor
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Lead a US distribution channel assessment and their associated frequency of use. Assess opportunities for shipment consolidation and other potential savings
- Drive a Shipper Optimization analysis: the SSF depot will soon begin assessment of new shipping vendors for optimizing quality and cost. The consultant will assist initiation of these activities (defining general requirements, initial vendor sourcing, rough cut cost estimates, etc.)
- Manage the pilot testing of cloud based cold chain shipping data loggers and aid in assessing proposals for solutions (RFP). Build the case for the added cost of loggers.
- Assess ROI/NPV on Warehouse facility/capital investments
- Assess ROI/NPV on Warehouse digital innovation investments (e.g. robotics) balanced against the current state and traditional LEAN manufacturing improvements. Build the business case for this significant capital investment.
- Contribute to ongoing LEAN production activities for optimizing the flow of the Warehouse. Objectives include reduced lead times and leveled flow.
- Manage portfolio for all projects related to the above mentioned improvement initiatives
Summary of Qualifications:
- B.S. in Engineering field, preferably Industrial engineering; MBA a plus
- LEAN green belt preferred
- 3-5 years experience
- Data Analytics
- Project Management
- Portfolio Management
- LEAN/Six Sigma experience
- Logistics experience (Warehousing/Shipping)
- Business Administration