Supply Chain Analyst I
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Supply Chain Analyst I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to save patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Supply Chain Analyst I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Supply Chain Analyst acts as the logistics link between small molecule external manufacturing the CMOs and Roche plants and logistics functions and is responsible for the detailed on time inbound/outbound flow of material.
- The Logistics Specialist performs necessary material movements in SAP to ensure on time inbound and outbound flow of material to the CMO.
- The Logistics Specialists manages inventory to and from the CMO and is responsible for the accuracy of inventory records and status in Genentech’ s ERP system for all GNE-owned material that is at the CMO site and works with the CMO to update these records as material movements/consumptions occur.
- Monitors the outbound shipping schedule to ensure on time fulfillment of orders. Works with different parties (CMO, GNE transportation, freight forwards, etc.) to resolve any gaps that are occurring and coordinate required changes with the CMO.
- Provides support to the CMO with all issues related to logistics and inventory management and gives guidance for material handling and any other questions that arise.
- Perform analysis regarding supply/demand and capacity.
- Support data analysis in preparation for management meetings such us S & OP.
- Acts as a data expert for decisions making through ad hoc request of line manager or Supply Manager. Identify process documentation gaps, and draft business process instructions/documents to support documentation efforts.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS degree in biological, engineering, business, physical sciences and/or related area.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Supply Chain, planning, scheduling preferably in a GMP Pharmaceutical production environment.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Minimum 3 years of experience using SAP R3 (It is a must)
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels and across the organization as well as with external groups (e.g., carriers, CMOs).
- Ability to operate effectively to support cross-functional teams in order to ensure business objectives is achieved.
- Ability to operate under limited supervision, taking initiative within scope of responsibility and communicating effectively with manager.
- Good problem solving skills and ability to seek solutions which are not readily apparent in order to ensure reliable execution.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Attention to detail.
- Punctuality and accuracy in execution of transactions, data maintenance and other job responsibilities.
- Ability to analyze and monitor data in information systems (e.g., SAP) to identify schedule/material discrepancies, inventory errors and other issues.
- Proficient in MS Excel and other MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of material handling, warehousing and shipping principles.
- General understanding of inventory management principles (safety stock, JIT, FIFO/FEFO, etc).
- Experience in writing/editing of SOPs and business process documentation.