341 Allerton Ave. South San Franciscio, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Study Technician 1 to be part of our Client’ s team in the South san Francisco Area.
This is an opportunity to join a microbiome drug discovery platform to develop novel therapeutics in a range of disease. Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation! This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Study Technician I
Observe, monitor and document the health and physical environment within the client’ s animal facility. Perform animal care and husbandry. Perform dosing, as listed below and procedures, such as monitoring weights and performing basic tissue dissections.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop an understanding of and regularly utilize available information resources and systems (e.g., SOPs, policies, computer applications)
- Monitor daily animal health and welfare while performing daily animal health observations. Perform animal husbandry duties to maintain quality, traceability and health of research animals, to include: perform daily water bottle /automatic water line and cage checks; provide appropriate food and water; perform cage changing and/or cage cleaning as required; record animal health concerns per SOP and/or specified protocols
- Maintain accurate records of animal breeding, health, weaning procedures and housing using mouse colony management software available at facility
- Receive, inspect and put away incoming animals; ensure and provide for sentinel animals in each rodent housing area
- Conduct custodial work: mopping/sweeping (twice a week) and moving garbage/biowaste outside of vivarium
- Conduct laboratory procedures in compliance with established protocols/plans and with regulatory and laboratory requirements
- Document experimental data in technical notebooks or approved electronic files including activities undertaken, existing conditions, observed results and variation from expected data patterns
- Record and prepare data for inclusion in project reports.
- With guidance from scientific management, maintain a technical knowledge and understanding in his/her assigned area of responsibility
- Able to perform the following techniques:
- Oral gavage in rodents
- IV, SQ, IP injection techniques in rodents
- Blood collection:
- Tail vein in rodents
- Orbital sinus in rodents
- Cardiac in rodents
- Necropsy and tissue collection
- Rodent euthanasia via exsanguination preceded by administration of CO2 or anesthesia; cervical dislocation preceded by administration of CO2 or anesthesia; or, administration of CO2
- Interact with other personnel within the department, key support groups and the division, to develop a network of resources to facilitate completion of assignments
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Education: B.S./B.A. degree in Biological Sciences or related field from an accredited college or university is required
- Experience: Must have at least 2 years of previous laboratory animal research experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above
- Certification/Licensure: Preferred but not required
- Other: Basic computer skills required
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts; is exposed to laboratory animals and caging of various species including mice, rats, and other rodents and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, biohazard materials/agents
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate