Storage and Data Center Operations Manager
Camas, WA 98607
Client Industry: Financial Services
Location: Greater Portland Area
Position: Storage and Data Center Lead
Terms: Contract to hire
Interview process: Phone interview; onsite interview
Our client is growing significantly internationally and is making investments in their company’ s IT and InfoSec to build scalable infrastructure and applications. Their core infrastructure team is looking for a Storage and Data Center Team Lead to manage daily operations and priorities, setting SLA’ s and ensure the delivered services meet and /or exceed the expectations of their customers.
You must have 15+ years’ experience in technology, including 7-10 years in Infrastructure and Operations, managing large datacenters and enterprise storage environments
The ability to work a flexible off-hours schedule for planned and unplanned maintenance is required.
- Provide daily direction to team members. Ensures adequate staffing coverage. Resolves escalated issues. Makes recommendations on hire/fire decisions
- Provide Leadership with high-level planning regarding the overall support structure of the unit
- Works with Leadership on the development of mission, services, and quarterly objectives with input from staff, customers, management and other IT groups
- Manage the efficient day-to-day operations and maintenance of the IT services leveraging ITIL principles and industry best practices, automation and orchestration capabilities and ensure effective and efficient service delivery
- Stays current on Core Infrastructure and Cloud Technologies and support new ideas and techniques always looking for ways to make improvements
- Monitor all key aspects of infrastructure including network, telecom system, application availability, performance, service levels, as well as working with key stakeholders to insure monitoring and alerting is always properly instrumented and calibrated
- Adhere to predefined SLAs and provides reporting to executive team. Works on insuring all preventative measures are implemented to insure system stability, up-time and normal operation
- Responsible for overseeing installation and maintenance of storage equipment, management of disk arrays and tape drives, SAN fabric
- Responsible for overseeing protection of technology assets through staff planning, coordinating testing, and through strong partnership and coordination with business continuity planning team
- Responsible for overseeing implementation of necessary backup and recovery technologies, systems and services through developing and maintaining associated processes and SOPs
- Responsible for overseeing design of effective and efficient technical risk mitigation processes, systems, and resourcing designs based on business continuity driven requirements
- Assist Leadership in developing individual performance metrics, annual objectives and goals, and provide input on performance reviews. Ensure that all staff members receive adequate technical and interpersonal training
- Oversee the management of issues including incident definition, tracking, escalation, resolution and closure
- Monitor incidents to ensure prompt, efficient response and resolution by the support analysts
- Monitor employee/customer satisfaction regularly and address dissatisfaction issues quickly with Leadership
- Recommend, document and implement processes to improve the operation of the unit and ensure superior customer service to our clients
- Deliver effective problem solving with an analytical mindset and taking end-to-end ownership to prevent and solve problems, anticipate and avoid problems and in taking proactive actions and optimizations.
- Leveraging data, metric and KPIs, identify the areas for improvements proactively and lead the effort in standardizing the processes and procedures, streamlining, enhancing, and making processes superior and simple.
- Provision maintain, and test all physical equipment as well as controlling physical access to data center equipment at any on premise locations
- Perform ongoing preventative maintenance and monitoring of data center facilities including: routine system power monitoring, environmental systems, fire suppression, and physical capacity (racks, physical, power, cooling, port, cabling)
- Lead space planning and assessment management for new data centers or locations
- Take control of the Infrastructure environment end-to-end to effectively monitor, manage the reliability and stability of the products and solutions deployed for each service with proactive tuning and improvements
- Maintain up to date capacity related data as well as projections for available space, power, cooling, storage capacity to insure proper mitigation is implemented proactively with proper planning, budgeting and execution timelines
- BA/BS in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Must have 15+ years’ experience in Technology, including 7-10 years in Infrastructure and Operations, managing large data centers and enterprise storage environments
- Experience with Cloud and Hybrid models preferred
- Strong Organization, Management and Conceptual Skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Enterprise Storage, data center Capacity Planning and Management, Enterprise Backup and Recovery solutions.
- Ability to lead and work independently
- Expert knowledge of monitoring technology environments and solving availability, performance, and service level incidents
- Demonstrated success in decision making, conflict resolution, communication and negotiation/influence skills
- Outstanding customer service skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player and a willingness to lend a hand with any project