Sr. Software Engineer, Java
2841 Scott Blvd Santa Clara, CA 95050
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Senior Software Engineer, Java to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay Area. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
Sr. Software Engineer, Java
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- We are a fast-moving, highly technical team of people with the ambitious goal of disrupting next generation DNA Sequencing. Developing our unique platform requires expertise across a range of fields: software engineering, data science, biology, chemistry, protein engineering, circuit design, and electrochemistry, just to name a few. We' re pushing the boundaries in DNA sequencing technology. Our chemistry and biology coupled with our custom hardware creates a system that generates data at tremendous rates, a big challenge for existing technology for data processing. We' re looking for a top-notch software engineer to help create “ best in class” applications for the management of sequencing instruments, data management and the genomic workflow.
- The Sr. Software Engineer is passionate about software and will take the lead to design, develop and install software solutions.
- The successful candidate will be able to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design.
- Execute full lifecycle software development and serve as a subject matter expert in software design and development.
- Propose, develop requirements, prototype and execute new design and implementation concepts in collaboration with the architects and senior technical staff. Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility.
- Write clean, well designed, testable, efficient code. Include appropriate unit tests to cover implemented functionality. All software code must be maintainable, documented and using best engineering practices in the industry (design patterns, BDD, peer review, CI, automated testing etc.). Document and maintain software functionality and design. Participate in design reviews.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design, high performance application design and distributed microservice architectures.
- Ability to synthesize user, technical and design requirements into highly usable applications
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- In collaboration with SQA team, develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Monitors work to ensure quality, and continuously promote Quality First Time.
- Provides technical direction and feedback to others.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience designing and coding high performance applications using Java, application servers and databases.
- Experience with test-driven development and mastery in software engineering tools
- Ability to document requirements, specifications and design.
- Familiarity with software development methodology and release processes. Knowledge and experience with Agile development process is desirable.
- Experience with Spring framework, Spring boot configuration, and core features, such as dependency injection, resources, validation, mock, JMS.
- Experience with message bus system such as rabbitmq and message based component architecture.
- Experience developing applications using OOP and MVC design patterns.
- Experience with common data interchange formats and protocols: JSON, REST, AJAX, XML.
- Experience with source control systems such as Git; bug tracking systems such as Jira.
- Excellent attention to detail; strong analytical, diagnostic, problem-solving, debugging and optimization skills.
- Able to interact and communicate diplomatically with other team members, multiple internal departments, and management.
- Ability to work under deadline pressures.