Sr. Scientist (Formulation)
7555 Gateway Boulevard Newark, CA 94560 | Contract-to-Hire
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Sr. Scientist (Formulation) to be a part of our partner’ s team in the Newark area. This is an opportunity to work within a life-changing biotechnology company poised to change the neuromodulator aesthetic and therapeutic product categories.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Associate Scientist/Scientist, Formulation
- An opportunity to join a bio-technology company developing and delivering next-generation neuromodulator, daxibotulinumtoxinA, and highly purified botulinum toxin type A.
- Work for a company that likes to dream and think big! They are local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Designs and/or conducts pre-formulation, formulation development, process development, process optimization, scale-up and clinical manufacturing on assigned projects
- Hands on knowledge of Design of experiments (DOE), knowledge of Six Sigma is a plus
- Serves as a subject matter expert in formulation, process and product development, optimization and scale-up of parenteral formulations.
- Maintains accurate, detailed records of work performed following good documentation practices.
- Writes and reviews protocols, batch records, batch summary reports, technical transfer documents and product development reports and other key reports/documents as per ICH guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Train and supervise more junior team members.
- Experience in various modern analytical assays, applicable to protein therapeutics.
- Hands-on experience in using methods for protein analysis, including but not limited to UV, HPLC/UPLC, IEF, and CE-SDS
- Familiarity with biophysical methods for protein characterization, such as CD, DSC, MFI, and light scattering, is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in a team-oriented environment are required.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team, handle multiple projects, demonstrate initiative and accountability, and strong attention to detail.
- Experience in variety of formulations with emphasis on parenteral.
- Able to collaborate with individuals in a one-on-one setting and cross-functional teams and mentor/lead individuals within the Formulation Development group.
- Expertise in pharmaceutical development, novel drug delivery systems, process and product development experience. Should have knowledge of Current Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures as related to laboratory/manufacturing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are essential.
- Should have basic understanding of the Food Drug Administration guidelines and regulations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite of software products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- PhD in Pharmaceutics and/or related scientific field; preferably in Formulation Development/Drug Delivery and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Master' s degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences with emphasis in Pharmaceutical Formulation and Technology and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.