Sr. Research Associate
475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking Sr. Research Associate to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Sr. Research Associate:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Work with the Department of Cancer Immunotherapy.
- The candidate will help develop and perform enzymatic and cell-based assays to discover small molecule inhibitors of a unique kinase involved in the biology of cancer cells.
- Explore novel mechanisms of action, therapeutic strategies, and elucidate new discoveries in the fields of immunology and cancer research.
- Work closely with discovery colleagues to advance research stage programs into early clinical development, providing both scientific and technical expertise.
- The candidate will have a PhD in biochemistry and at least 3 years of laboratory experience in:
- Cell-based assays
- Protein analysis including gel chromatography, immunoprecipitation and western blotting
- Quantitative PCR
- Basic bioinformatics and graphics programs such as Prism.
- Also important would be an ability to work within a team as well as independently; to communicate clearly in speaking and writing; and to summarize and present data accurately and effectively.