Sr. Research Associate
2904 Orchard PKWY San Jose, CA 95134 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Sr. Research Associate to be part of our Client’ s team in San Jose. This position is for a self-motivated scientist with strong technical ability and demonstrated proficiency in performing troubleshooting complex cellular and molecular biology systems. Candidate will help in developing and transferring our technologies for fast and low-cost genome sequencing.
The candidate should be able to effectively communicate, design and perform experiments independently with minimal supervision. The candidate should be dynamic and a good team player in a cross-functional environment.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Sr. Research Associate
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop and commercialize novel drugs for treating rare diseases.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Develop and test novel concepts.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Plan, run experiments, analyze, interpret and report results in a timely fashion.
- Participate and contribute in weekly group meetings on experimental design, activity planning, and troubleshooting, including reporting experimental results.
- Execute experimental work plans in collaboration with other group members, providing technical expertise, material and hands-on support as needed.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Experience in a biology research laboratory.
- Molecular biology experience including DNA, RNA isolation, quantification and purification, ligations, gel electrophoresis, primer design, RT-qPCR, cDNA preparation and genotyping.
- Cell biology experience including cell isolation, flow cytometry, immunostaining, mammalian cell culture, microscopy.
- Experience in DNA/RNA library preparation for NGS is desirable.
- Familiarity with NGS, handling liquid biopsies, cell sorting and industrial experience will be a plus.
- Bachelors or Master’ s degree in Molecular and Cell Biology or related field with a minimum of 2-5 years of experience.
- Should be well organized, motivated and possess excellent time management skills.
- Ability to multitask and adapt to rapidly changing requirements, priorities and tight schedules.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and planning skills, with great attention to detail and record-keeping.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of S88 Batch Controls is a plus