Sr. Research Associate - Protein Sciences
953 Indiana Street San Francisco, CA 94107
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Sr. Research Associate – Protein Sciences to be part of our Client’ s team in San Francisco. Our client is seeking a talented and motivated team member to support our research efforts in developing our antibody-based immuno-oncology therapeutics.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Sr. Research Associate – Protein Sciences
- An opportunity to join a company focused on delivering targeted, science-based biological products to improve crop productivity.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area, in the beautiful South San Francisco area.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Development of biosensor (SPR or BLI) based assay platforms for screening/characterization of antibody binding and specificity
- Biophysical characterization of antibody stability and developability assessment using calorimetry (ITC, DSC), light scattering, and differential scanning fluorimetry (DSF) to support lead candidate selection
- Organization and analysis of results, communicating and presenting findings in team meetings, and contributing to scientific publications
- Troubleshooting and optimizing assays through data interpretation, identification of novel or alternate procedures and techniques, and timely execution
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to changing company priorities
- Bachelor’ s or Master’ s degree in a life sciences discipline with at least five plus years of industry experience in developing assays using SPR, BLI, DSC, DSF, FTIR, AUC, and DLS
- Good understanding of biophysical characterization of antibodies is must
- Experience in standard protein analytical techniques including electrophoresis, Western Blot, ELISAs, HPLC, UV-Vis spectrophotometry
- Proficiency in protein production and purification techniques (e.g., using peristaltic pumps, HPLC systems), ultrafiltration/diafiltration is a significant plus
- Motivation to learn and use new and emerging techniques for mammalian cell culture, protein production, flow cytometry, and gene manipulation in cells
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a dynamic and flexible team environment
- Ability to maintain detailed records of experimental methods and results
- Ability to critically interpret and effectively present data
- Adaptability to shifting priorities and changing work assignments