Sr. Research Associate, Gene Editing
2 Corporate Drive, 2nd Floor South San Francisco, CA 94080
Sr. RA – Gene Editing
The ideal candidate should be experienced the latest molecular cloning and sequencing techniques for the generation and analysis of transgenic T cells. The candidate should enjoy operating in an exceptionally dynamic and cooperative environment and will communicate results to and coordinate efforts with a larger cross-disciplinary team of immunologists, biologists, engineers and bio-informaticians.
- The candidate will be performing experiments to validate and improve the technology for gene editing (knock-in and knock-out) of endogenous and neoE TCRs, and analyzing the resulting data.
- She/he must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in the form of written reports. The incumbent will aid in drafting protocols, and provide data for regulatory documentation to support clinical development.
- The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor’ s degree with 4+ years’ experience, a Master’ s degree with 3+ years’ experience with career focus in cell or molecular biology, biochemistry, or molecular genetics.
- Industry experience is preferred.
- The candidate must have hands on experience with nucleic acid purification and use, including primer design, PCR and standard cloning.
- The candidate should be highly goal-driven and have demonstrated the ability to focus on time-sensitive objectives.
An incumbent with experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Experience with liquid handlers/automation equipment
- Experience with informatics, data management, or programming
- Mammalian cell culture and transfection, ideally primary human T cells
- High-throughput sequencing sample preparation and analysis
- Site-specific nucleases (e.g. CRISPR and TALENs) and associated cellular and molecular analysis
- qPCR and/or ddPCR assay design and optimization
- Flow cytometry or FACS