Sr. Product Manager
680 Folsom Street San Francisco, CA 94107 | Direct Hire
SF Sr. Product Manager
We are seeking an experienced product professional that will serve as a lead product manager for our clients' Purchase & Delivery related products – an exciting multi-faceted space with multiple touchpoints across digital and omni-channel. This role will report to Manager of Product Management and will collaborate cross-functionally with a matrix-ed ecosystem of people and teams.
As a product leader in Purchase and Delivery, you play a critical role in discovering and delivering new capabilities as well as improving existing customer experiences through enhancements and new product development. Passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems, you have a strong track record of leading and developing products and teams, working in a cross-functional context and using data to drive decision-making.
It is important that you understand how product enhancements change customer behavior and the trends that are emerging in the market. You will be accountable for socializing the product vision at all levels of the organization, assessing opportunities, and collaborating with development teams. You partner closely with partners and stakeholders to ensure solutions are fully leveraged by the business.
A successful Sr. Product Manager will be able to lead multiple product efforts simultaneously at various stages of their development in a complex multi-layered organization.
- Discover known and unmet customer needs and possible feature/functionality concepts that meet those needs; gathering input from a variety of internal and external sources to define product concepts (analyzing competitors and market conditions to evaluate and articulate application of design and technology to the unmet customer need)
- Develop business case(s), including financial impact and benefits statements, to support feature/functionality concepts and sell the concepts to internal audiences through persuasive oral and written presentations.
- Communicate and collaborate with business and stakeholders to inform, adjust and shape prioritization of capabilities that improve the user experience; balancing priorities across the Purchase and Delivery portfolio to identify/recommend/prioritize key opportunities and trade-offs
- Champion the needs of business teams and stakeholders throughout the development process; ensuring that what is delivered achieves the business value and ROI objectives of the project.
- Create short and long term roadmap for products and manage product backlog; managing a prioritized view for communities of product stakeholders
- Acquire and hone subject matter expertise relevant to drive success of team; be recognized across the division as someone who has excellent judgment, knowledge base and whose delivery has contributed significantly to the success of Client
- Write user stories as part of an Agile project framework that:
- Directly support primary objectives of the project.
- Are appropriate in size for iterative, incremental development.
- Include clear and specific acceptance criteria.
- Take into account dependencies on other stories and/or projects & initiatives.
- Manage expectations (negotiating appropriately - right people and right time, where necessary) to ensure a common understanding of where, when, and how the optimal prioritization of user stories.
- Anticipate upstream and downstream impacts of the project and works with internal business groups to adapt business tools and practices in order to support new features and functionality; proactively identify problems that arise in the project, outline options, recommend solutions, and escalate as needed.
- Lead & participate in cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development, including deployment and post-deployment activities to ensure communication of product solutions and benefits to customers and stakeholders; including knowledge transfer and training for on-going management of features
- Exercise sound judgment and decision making to main high levels of visibility and transparency to leadership, engaging to solicit guidance or assistance to address blockers and issues
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- BA/BS Degree
- 5+ years experience in one or more of the following areas: product management; agile project/program management; agile and/or lean software development, or another product ownership role
- Internet / Retail / eCommerce experience strongly preferred
- Familiarity with mobile, social, and omni-channel customer journeys
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical, prioritization and negotiating skills with demonstrated experience gathering intelligence and synthesizing data into actionable insights
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment
- Adept at influencing across/up/down various communities of partners and stakeholders
Other Skills & Experience
- Strong leadership profile, demonstrated prioritization and negotiation skills
- Able to operate effectively in areas of uncertainty, ambiguity and conflict to focus and deliver against business goals
- Track record at various levels professional experience of taking ownership and driving results
- Additional Skills & Experience (a plus):
- Usability, UX and design experience
- Prior experience in delivery of checkout, payments, fulfillment related features in support of e-commerce initiatives
- Retail buying/merchandising experience
- Resource management and supervision of junior members of staff
- Familiarity and comfort navigating large corporate organizations
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
- Some travel may be required to other client office locations