Sr. Material Handler
5945 Optical Court San Jose, CA 95138
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Senior Materials Handler to be part of our client’ s team in San Jose. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Senior Materials Handler:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of duties relating to the receipt, storage, and/or disbursement/delivery of finished goods, raw materials, and other supplies, and equipment.
- This may include hazardous materials such as solvents, radioactives, etc.
- Works independently to complete tasks, and records information in a timely and legible manner.
- Oversees the receiving and/or distribution/delivery of goods and supplies for a specific site or unit.
- Inspects incoming goods, materials, and supplies, ensuring accurate quantities, traceable records, and suitability for use in production.
- Delivers packages and goods to appropriate department, or individual.
- Maintains manual or computerized records as required.
- Picks, packs and labels products/goods for shipment by receiving orders, retrieving products from storage area, and prepares products/goods for shipment.
- Handles returned goods in accordance with established procedures for the redistribution, repackaging, and/or retesting of the goods.
- Replenishes stock as necessary to ensure an adequate supply of products, goods and/or materials to meet daily shipping/production requirements.
- Examines materials on an ongoing basis for correct lot numbers, quantities, expiration dates, and product damages.
- Performs physical inventory, and relocation and consolidation of stock. Assist with material destruction to ensure efficient usage of space.
- Stages materials to be loaded onto trucks.
- Loads and unloads materials by hand or with mechanical equipment in accordance with DOT regulations.
- May transfer and deliver materials to and from storage area by hand, by driving a truck or by forklift.
- Maintain rooms, laboratories or work areas stocked with daily supplies.
- Schedule the repairs and preventative maintenance as necessary and report malfunctions to supervisor.
- Monitor lab supply inventory, generate expense purchase requisitions, input production data and other work-output data into appropriate network (e.g. SAP / LIMS) and maintain documentation in accordance with established procedures.
- Depending upon area of assignment or primary focus, may perform various manufacturing and testing duties in addition to maintaining departmental stock rooms, log books, preparing buffers as needed/required which may also include, performing direct manufacturing activities such as bulk formulation, filling, sub-assembly and sample testing.
- Provide input for improving existing laboratory procedures.
- Interface with internal groups to assure laboratory equipment maintenance, calibration and documents conform to established practices.
- Follows all established Corporate and regulatory safety and security procedures which include the handling of hazardous materials.
- Maintains a safe and clean area in accordance with GMP guidelines and OSHA regulations.
- Trains temporary/contract personnel or less experienced staff to ensure current procedures are followed.
- Laboratory and production job incumbents may be required to handle or manage hazardous wastes.
- All governmental regulations are to be followed.
- May be required to work overtime.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor' s Degree or equivalent education preferred.
- Six months to one year of experience in a warehouse/distribution setting.
- Previous experience with receipt and inventory of goods and materials.
- Experience properly handling hazardous materials.
- Knowledge of OSHA, IATA, ISO, DOT, GMP, SAP, and QSR desired.