Sr. Linux Software Engineer (RAID)
3300 Michelson Irvine, CA 92612 | Contract-to-Hire
Client Industry: Data Storage
Location: Irvine, CA
Position: Software Engineer (Linux)
Terms: 6 months contract to hire
About Us: Founded in 2001, Bayside Solutions was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
About the role: As a Software Engineer, you will be involved developing and delivering new features high performance network storage products and services for client solutions. In this role, you are required to able to read code proficiently more than writing the code. You will play a key role in the design, development, testing and deployment of high performance, high quality, secure and fault-tolerant software running on network storage devices and collaborate extensively in a cross functional capacity.
Must Have Skills:
- At least 7 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’ s degree or its equivalent OR 4+ years of relevant experience and a Master’ s degree.
- Relevant experience in the development of high performance Linux-based storage systems.
- Strong understanding of how these Open Source packages operate within Linux, Linux kernel internals, RAID, TCP/IP etc are crucial for these positions.
- Experience in RAID - software RAID (MD/BTRFS/ZFS) & file-systems like EXT4, BTRFS, NTFS, HFS.
- Experience with arm & x86 hardware architectures.
- Strong Linux diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in Support & Field analysis (FA).
- Proven ability to make solid, independent technical decisions for high performance, low resource server software.
- Experience with Open Source Software Integration.
- Strong knowledge in Linux Kernel and Linux-based OS like Debian.
- AWS Cloud experience is a plus.
- Agile software development using SCRUM or Kanban is a plus.