Sr. Lab Support Coordinator
2841 Scott Blvd Santa Clara, CA 95050 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Sr. Lab Support Coordinator to be part of our client’ s team in the South Bay. This is an opportunity to work with a nanopore based DNA sequencing company dedicated to making genetic testing easy and affordable. They are developing a revolutionary, low cost, and semiconductor based DNA/RNA reador. This technology will improve the lives of people with a wide variety of applications including the timely screening of newborns for diseases and the diagnosis of cancers and infectious diseases.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. They take pride in strong, global relationships with the patient, research and medical communities, and take equal pride in carefully selecting their colleagues.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Sr. Lab Support Coordinator
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordination of work processes and operation of RSS-Pleasanton Research, Development and Clinical laboratory areas.
- Maintain lab areas to ensure Quality System compliance, Safety Compliance, and proper equipment management.
- Manage and support designated laboratory areas by engineers and scientists.
- Support the Quality Management team in the SOP gaps and present findings for resolution to prepare for the IVD transition.
- Generate in-house SOPs for programs, devices and projects.
- Coordinate with System Support Engineers, Facilities, IT, Quality and Safety to ensure laboratory compliance for ISO 13485 and ISO 17035.
- Train and document orientations for new lab users on laboratory organization, workflows, Quality System compliance, SOPs and Safety requirements.
- Enforce Safety and other required laboratory practices, with the independent authority to deny lab users room access, impose re-orientation, and contact user’ s supervisor if necessary.
- Ensure all lab supplies available when needed. Manage inventory through forecasting activities, placing purchasing orders, receiving activities, and physical inventory tracking.
- Address laboratory organization/waste/cleanliness issues with laboratory users, General Lab Support, and Facilities to ensure compliance.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work-experience.
- Minimum Experience: 4-6 years of relevant industry experience. Preferred Experience: 7-15 years of experience working in an IVD GMP/ISO regulated environment is preferred.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Teaching background.
- Possesses excellent people skills with ability to build effective internal/cross-functional relationships.
- Strong desire to work in a highly regulated environment, with diligent attention to detail to ensure laboratory areas meet regulatory, safety and departmental requirements.