300 Bel Marin Keys Boulevard
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 15358
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Senior Accountant I to be part of our client’ s team in Novato. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Senior Accountant I:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Review and reconcile COGS-variance accounts prior to AP module close.
- Perform PO module close.
- Run OBIEE inventory related reports for close activities.
- Absorb 3rd party contract manufacturing (CMO) costs to yields recorded in Oracle by the internal CMO team.
- Perform various reclasses, accruals or adjustment JE’ s to ensure that inventory balances are accurate and complete as well as provide visibility for external reporting purposes (i.e. capitalized depreciation reclass).
- Capitalize and apply overhead costs and record associated JE' s for various products.
- Reconcile selected balance sheet accounts for inventory and inventory associated liabilities.
- Report on margins by product and COGS per unit as part of the quarterly Controller’ s package.
- Explain YTD or QoQ variances on Auditors’ PBC list.
- Update production schedules (bulk cost, overhead, fill/finish cost, units) for various products.
- Maintain various schedules for internal and external use (i.e. CMO Production Costs, Depreciation capitalized into Inventory, etc.).
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Business Administration (Finance/Accounting).
- Cost accounting experience (in a manufacturing environment), 5-10 years minimum.
- Experience working in a biotech/pharmaceutical environment is a plus.
- Experience working for a public company.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Oracle (OPM - inventory module) experience is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience being a participant and facilitator in meetings.