Sr System Administrator
5130 Hacienda Drive Dublin, CA 94568
Senior Systems Administrator
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Analyze hardware/OS performance, react to operational performance, and business-wide issues; Participate on the L2/L3 production support team; Help identify and develop efficiency opportunities
- Maintain infrastructure hardware including identifying/vetting software/firmware patches or upgrades and analysis
- Work with managed service providers, solution providers, and other infrastructure teams
- Maintain system health monitoring and notification tools
- Develops and implements policies and procedures relative to Windows operating systems/hardware and dependent technologies
- Review and analyze new requests, work with IT partners, vendors, and business leaders to understand communication needs; develop solutions and recommendations for business initiatives based on application requirements
- Research, evaluate, develop, design and implement designs and standards following industry best practices
- Assist in the architecture of new operating system related solutions ensuring they are compatible with the company' s business needs and strategic objectives
- Bachelor’ s degree in Information Technology or related field
- 7 - 10 years hands-on extensive knowledge of Windows platforms and a thorough understanding of issues related to implementing and operating OS’ on large, distributed enterprise networks
- Windows OS/hardware expertise in a large distributed enterprise environment including system administration, admin delegation and account auto-provisioning
- Broad knowledge of standards and protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS, SMTP, RPC, Web Services
- Responsibilities include assisting Ops team with OS/hardware configuration administration, monitoring and operational issues: system performance, server (ISP) interactivity and health, Windows event monitoring and troubleshooting, networking and switch technology, Windows 8 OS and scripting languages – notably PowerShell
- Experience in Windows 7/8, Server 2008/2012/2016. Working knowledge of Dell PowerEdge servers and hardware. Nice to have: knowledge of HP ProLiant and Blade servers
- Experience with the following tools: SCCM, WSUS, Dell Open Manage, HPDM
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
- Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
- On-call work may be required by manager/supervisor.
- May require moderate lifting of up to 70lbs.