Sr Software Engineer (Site Reliability)
10188 Telesis Ct, Ste 300 San Diego, CA 92121 | Contract-to-Hire
Client Industry: Health care IT
Location: San Diego, CA / Campbell, CA
Position: Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Duration: 6-12 months contract to hire
Our client works in a high-pace and extremely collaborative Agile environment, thus the ability to engage your peers to propose, express and challenge ideas is extremely important. Emphasis is laid on the creation and self-maintenance of documentation, so clarity in the candidate’ s ability to express ideas and concepts is required.
We are seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to work with the software engineering teams at our client’ s site to ensure that compilation, assembly, and delivery of their source code is executed with precision. This role will maintain services in the engineering environment once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health. This is a contract to hire role.
Overall competency areas:
Builds Trust: You honor your word by doing what you say you are going to do.
Implementation/Execution: You are good at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools.
Innovate: You introduce new ideas and processes that improve performance and productivity.
Problem Solving: You are a problem solver with the ability to encourage others in collaborative problem solving. Acting as both a broker and consultant regarding resources, you engage others in problem solving without taking over.
Must Have Skills:
- 10 years’ experience - at least 5 years as a Site Reliability/DevOps Engineer and 5 years minimum software development industry experience is required
- Strong knowledge of source code repository administration (git), build setup and administration (Jenkins and Jenkins Job DSL) and superior experience utilizing software build/configuration tools such as Maven and Gradle is essential.
- Experience with automation of scripts.
- Daily maintenance of source repositories.
- Proficiency in Linux.
- Distributed deployment and install of releases to single/multiple-host environment.
- Expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems (Micro Services).
- Automated Build implementation using Jenkins.
- Proficiency in Jenkins Job DSL (or Jenkins 2.0).
- Proficiency in code quality tools such as SonarQube or similar.
- Proficiency in Docker.
- Proficiency in build repository tools such as Artifactory or similar.
- Proficiency in automated deployment tools such as Kubernetes or similar.
- Git and GitHub Source Control - Branching / Merging / Tagging.
- Effective communication with other teams and co-workers.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, combined with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to identify and communicate code metrics (quality, performance, security, etc.) identified in the build process.
- Ability to coordinate and work with other Site Reliability Engineers in local and remote offices.
- Experience with agile based iterative development (Scrum) and knowledge of software engineering best practices
- Java programming experience.
- Proficiency in shell scripting.
- Proficient with Virtualization technologies such as AWS.
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, or any other software configuration management tool is a huge plus.
- iOS Mobile build experience.
Education: Bachelor’ s Degree or above (Computer Science, Bio Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering or any related field)