350 DNA Way, SSF35 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Space Planner to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Space Planner is responsible for day-to-day interactions with clients on solving space and move requests, ensuring the accuracy of occupancy data and supporting the campus planning activities, including Neighborhood Work Environments (‘ NWE’) projects.
- Partner with Planning Managers on Occupancy Planning & related activities for their client group/s, including:
- Scenario planning & option development
- Stack planning
- Block planning, including analysis of office/cube ratios
- Neighborhood planning
- Monitoring day-to-day space utilization
- Adjacency mapping
- Detailed move planning of all group moves (greater than 10 people)
- Partner with Planning Managers on space negotiations and resolutions between client groups
- Member of OAC Project Team and Internal Alignment Team for Neighborhood Work Environment projects for the respective client group. Responsibilities include:
- Develop & manage Participant List
- Storage Plan - programming & relocation
- Ensure coordination between participant move prep activities and construction schedule
- Coordinate Ergonomic Team & Legal-Records Retention team for move presentations, training, post-move support
- Assist client groups with pre-move activities (Zero Waste Zone set-up, storage programming & relocation, etc.)
- Assist Project Manager, FOM & JLL Partners with coordination of minor facilities related issues
- Update the Integrated Project Schedule (SmartSheet)
- Review & maintain Sustaining Database and Sustaining Calendar
- Coordinate day-to-day move requests (ie., transfers, new hires, etc.)
- Communication liaison between client and service provider on GAP projects, post-move activity and/or on a day-to-day basis:
- Furniture key requests, furniture requests, signage
- Signage – departmental, individual and support spaces
- Workspace accessories – in/out boxes, garbage bins, whiteboards
- Recycle/shredding bins, both before a move for purging and at move-in
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor’ s Degree – Preferred Fields: Architecture, Engineering, Interior Design, Project Management, Construction Management, Business Management, Life Sciences / Research, Strategic Planning, Project Planning, Facilities Management
- 1-2 years of experience in Construction Management, Facility Planning, Architecture or Interior Design a plus
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including accurate grammar and business correspondence knowledge.
- Organized, independent and self? motivated (entrepreneurial), enthusiastic, dependable, detail? oriented, flexible in scheduling and prioritization
- Ability to successfully multitask and able to adjust tasks in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to maintain positive internal and external relationships
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Adobe, Archibus and CAD experience a plus