389 DNA Way, SSF20 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Sourcing Specialist to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Execute operational low to medium-level value and complexity sourcing requests within region or site
- Maintain communication within the Procurement network
- Apply the sourcing process for the delivery of operational sourcing activity, incl. the application of eSourcing tools. Support the implementation of new processes, policies, and technologies including creation of required documentation.
- Collaborate with Transactional / Requisition to Pay Procurement - Collaborate on a day-to-day basis with the requisition to pay (R2P) Procurement team to ensure that the requisitioning component of the procurement process is delivered.
- Support initiatives related to suppliers, e.g. supplier diversity, anti-bribery, animal welfare, etc.
- Track and monitor Procurement operational targets and metrics where required and escalate issues as they arise.
- Support triaging outsourcing requests
- Deliver Category Strategy execution and deliver certain strategic (sourcing) projects
- Manage execution of entry-level, low-complex local or regional projects as agreed with Sourcing Manager teams
- Conduct limited operational Business Partnering with specific stakeholders within the region and in alignment with the Global Category and Supplier Management teams
- Deliver Operational Procurement execution and procurement support for business requirements
- Support Transactional Procurement (i.e. close-out letters, timeline extension change orders)
- Support development of dashboards and trackers (ex. Tableau experience is a plus)
Summary of Qualifications:
- Completion of University degree, with business related degree preferable
- Business level fluency in English as well as primary business language of the site(s)
- 1-3 years operational end-to-end procurement experience including Sourcing, Supplier Management and Transactional Procurement
- Experience or demonstrated understanding in supporting cost reduction and value improvement programs
- Good communication skills and demonstrated understanding of translating business requirements into procurement specifications with customer service in mind
- Knowledgeable in systems and processes for efficient management of contract documentation, templates and processing tools (e.g. eSourcing, eAuction)
- Tableau experience is a plus
- Growth mindset in wanting to learn and look for continuous improvement opportunities
- Experience or knowledge of Centre of Excellence or Shared Services operating environments