4155 Hopyard Rd Pleasanton, CA 94588
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Sourcing Specialist to be part of our client’ s team in Pleasanton. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Lead lab instrument/consumables/chemicals/services sourcing activities of medium to high-value and complexity.
- Provide oversight of competitive bids, cost negotiation with suppliers, and risk mitigation using eSourcing tools.
- Apply sourcing process (RfIs, RfQs, RfPs) for the delivery of operational sourcing activity, including the application of eSourcing tools. S
- upport the implementation of new processes, policies, and technologies.
- Business partner with R&D functions to understand end user requirements and leverage the applicable category buying guides and sourcing knowledge to determine the best method for driving value in meeting the requirement.
- Provide input and feedback on high value procurement opportunities to support the creation and refinement of Category Guides and Strategies
- Deliver Category Strategy execution and lead and/or participate in Supplier Management activities in alignment with the Global Category and Supplier Management teams.
- Monitor targets and KPIs: Ensure that Procurement Operations targets and metrics on customer service are delivered. Track and monitor these metrics where required, and escalate issues as they arise.
- Collaborate on an as-needed basis with the relevant business support functions (e.g. Accounts Payable, requisition to pay (R2P), Procurement team (SSC)) to drive operational efficiencies and maximum value-add to the business.
- CSR initiatives related to (candidate) suppliers, e.g. supplier diversity, anti-bribery, animal welfare, etc.
- Perform continuous professional development activities and ensure up to date training in processes and systems relevant to position.
- Bachelor’ s degree in business or science related field is preferable.
- Business level fluency in English.
- 5+ years of procurement (preferably Indirect Procurement), business, or scientific experience, preferably in medical device/diagnostics, pharma/biotech, life sciences industry, or academic Research Lab.
- Experience with procuring or utilization of lab instruments, consumables, chemicals, research services (such as in vivo modeling, NextGen sequencing (NGS) or custom-made genome monitoring & editing tools, non-clinical CROs), and/or biospecimens.
- Experience with RFP development, proposal evaluation, and contract and budget management desired.
- Experience in supporting cost reduction and value improvement programs.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills and demonstrated understanding of translating business requirements into procurement specifications with customer service in mind.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to recognize and resolve problems.
- Knowledgeable in systems and processes for efficient management of contract documentation, templates and processing tools (e.g. eSourcing, eAuction).
- Professional purchasing (e.g. CPSM, CSCP) certification is desired.