2100 Powell Street, 12th Floor Emeryville, CA 94608
The Solutions Architect uses skills in Linux-based and Microsoft Windows Server-based technologies on virtual and bare-metal platforms to scope, design, document, and help implement enterprise solutions using Lean & Agile methodologies. The Solutions Architect is responsible for the architecture and design of core IT infrastructure. The position participates in project planning and implementation of new technologies.
ESSENTIAL Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in key technical and design discussions working closely with the Technical Operations and DevOps to ensure solutions meet SLA, security, and support requirements.
- Ensure key documentation – e.g., data flow diagrams, architecture or application diagrams, operations guides, server build forms – are accurate and complete for each project.
- Provide management with weekly status updates of projects for resource allocation, project progress, major milestones, and any blockers.
- Systematically develop and maintain IT documentation, technical architecture, and operations run-books.
- Responsible for scope and design of solutions ensuring proper documentation provided, and to ensure the highest level of security controls and automation
- Negotiate with internal and external partners to ensure correct resource allocation for successful delivery of projects.
- Gather functional requirements and work with stakeholders to determine project scope based on internal interviews and external research to determine best solution
- Provide level-of-effort and risk analysis to key stakeholders and project managers for assigned projects and tasks.
- Present infrastructure and related design updates and knowledge transfer to Technical Operations team.
- Architect infrastructure to support business needs and address security and compliance requirements.
- Participate in disaster recovery (DR) exercises as directed.
- Provide mentorship, support and guidance to other members of the team.
- Provide ad hoc assistance as needed.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, a related IT field, or the equivalent work experience
- Minimum of six years of experience working within a diverse IT infrastructure.
- Previous experience in an IT systems or solutions architecture role a plus.
- Solid understanding and ability to utilize virtualization technologies, such as VMware, to document, design and implement enterprise-class solutions.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows Server technologies.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Linux.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Active Directory design and implementation.
- Strong understanding of network and server security, including best practices for securing the network architecture and system operating system.
- Demonstrate good understanding of IT Ops and SDLC principals, and able to apply Lean & Agile methodologies.
- Solid understanding and experience with leading teams of systems and network engineers through project lifecycles.
- Comprehensive understanding of engineering architecture and design concepts required to develop, test, and implement systems.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with scripting and automation techniques such as PowerShell, Linux Shell, Ruby, etc.
- Previous experience with Linux (Red Hat preferred).
- Previous experience working with the Microsoft Windows platform.
- Understands the role security has within all aspects of the IT infrastructure.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and attention to detail while working with data.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with a diverse team of business and IT staff.