Site Reliability Engineer
910 E Hamilton Ave, Ste 500 Campbell, CA 95008
Sr. Site Reliability Engineer
6 months plus contract
San Diego or Campbell, CA
Primary Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- 5 years minimum of professional experience as a Site Reliability/DevOps Engineer;
- 8 years minimum software development industry experience.
- Strong knowledge of source code repository administration (git), build setup and administration (Jenkins and Jenkins Job DSL) and superior experience utilizing software build/configuration tools such as Maven and Gradle is essential.
- Automation of scripts.
- Daily maintenance of source repositories.
- Distributed deployment and install of releases to single/multiple-host environment.
- Proficiency in Linux.
- Expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems (Micro Services).
- Systematic problem-solving approach, combined with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Automated Build implementation using Jenkins.
- Proficiency in Jenkins Job DSL (or Jenkins 2.0).
- Proficiency in code quality tools such as SonarQube or similar.
- Proficiency in Docker.
- Proficiency in build repository tools such as Artifactory or similar.
- Proficiency in automated deployment tools such as Kubernetes or similar.
- Ability to identify and communicate code metrics (quality, performance, security, etc.) identified in the build process.
- Git and GitHub Source Control - Branching / Merging / Tagging.
- Ability to coordinate and work with other Site Reliability Engineers in local and remote offices.
- Bachelor' s Degree or above (Computer Science, Bio Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering or any related field)
- Experience with agile based iterative development (Scrum) and knowledge of software engineering best practices
- Java programming experience.
- Proficiency in shell scripting.
- Proficient with Virtualization technologies such as AWS.
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, or any other software configuration management tool is a huge plus.