1035 O'Brien Drive
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 16377
Shipping and Receiving Technician
Menlo Park, CA
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for handling domestic and international logistics of the client’ s products and for shipping/receiving for the client.
- Primary responsibilities will include working with Procurement in coordinating orders from vendors, generating shipments and order detail information
- Responsible for supporting the client’ s logistics efforts and inventory control.
- To be a point of contact regarding logistics matters related to company products and procured materials and for service providers such as common carriers and freight carriers.
- Arrange domestic and import/export bookings with carriers and ensure documentation is complete/accurate.
- Assist in maintaining proper department documentation.
- Assist in the management of inventory and cycle counts of company devices and materials
- Work with suppliers to obtain missing documentation or resolve quantity discrepancies.
- Continuously refine and improve product transport & storage processes.
- Bachelor' s Degree preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 2 year working experience, preferably in a Logistics role or within the medical device or Pharmaceutical industry or any other regulated industry.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization and across all functions.
- Minimum 1 year experience in domestic and international shipping. Including documentation: commercial invoices, SLI, etc.
- Experience with UPS WorldShip or FedEx Ship Manager Applications.
- Must be available to work flexible hours and various shifts depending on the current operational needs.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other internal groups, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction and multiplication.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.