2701 Orchard Pkwy San Jose, CA 95134
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Shift Supervisor to be part of our Client’ s team in San Jose.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area, in San Jose.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Releases work orders to the shop floor for production
- Assesses work center loading and in conjunction with the Production Control Manager maintains and communicates daily priorities for Department Managers and Leads so they may effectively schedule their department personnel
- Communicates and coordinates with the Production Control Manager, Director of Manufacturing, and Customer Account Managers regarding production issues that may affect work order quality and or on-time delivery
- Assists department leads and managers to meet goals and objectives through motivation, guidance and perseverance.
- Assists as needed with hands-on expediting key priorities through manufacturing.
- Schedules and directs meetings with shop personnel on a variety of training, production, and performance related issues
- Makes suggestions for improving manufacturing procedures and systems.
- Writes and conducts annual performance evaluations
- Authorizes and approves expenditures in accordance with the company’ s
Primary direction and supervision provided by the Director of Manufacturing. May take direction from other executive staff members in other functional groups. Position supervises Department Leads, and other production staff.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5 years of experience working in a precision sheet metal environment in a production capacity
- 5 years management/supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of ERP system
Knowledge / Skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees.
- Represents the company professionally at all times with employees, vendors and customers.
- Working knowledge of fabrication equipment and precision sheet metal measuring tools (Calipers, Pin Gauges, Micrometers, height gauges, etc.)
- Strong blueprint reading and fabrication methods’ skills.
- Working knowledge of computers and familiarity with creating documents using software programs including the creation of spreadsheets.
- Requires the ability to change the thinking of or gain the acceptance of others in sensitive situations.
- Requires high-level problem assessment and solution skills
Certificates and Licenses
Upon hire forklift training and certification from our clients company
- May occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Requires substantial amount of walking