Sheet Metal Inspector
2701 Orchard Pkwy San Jose, CA 95134
*Day shift – 4: 30am – 1pm*
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Sheet Metal Inspector to be part of our Client’ s team in San Jose.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Sheet Metal Inspector
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area, in San Jose.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and
Sheet metal Inspector will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the inspection of and manufacture of sheet metal products, assemblies, and outside processes. This position requires familiarity with first article documentation and to be computer literate (MS word, Excel). No flat pattern skill required
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Inspect product from outside process, internal departments and final inspection
- Review the Work Order per documented practice
- Monitor the packaging process to ensure parts are properly protected from
each other and the rigors of shipping
- Initiate, recommend, and implement corrective actions as applied to
- Initiate, recommend, and implement process improvements in both the QC
department and manufacturing areas
- Mentor and instruct operators
Document and maintain inspection records (electronic, hard copy,
- When referencing drawings and/or specifications ensure that they are at
the current revision
- Assist Quality Manager on data entry as directed
- Create, follow up, and maintain DMR' s electronically and generate Rework
Orders as appropriate
- Create Certification of Conformance when directed
- Create First Article Reports when specified as a requirement
- Ensure all Quality Documentation requested by the Customer to accompany
parts is complete and available at the point of dispatch
- Ensure a smooth transition between shifts
- Create and/or review SOP, WI and other quality and manufacturing
procedures as directed
- When directed undertake the customer returns, non-conforming
product/defective material process
- Communicate with all appropriate departments information which will
enhance our internal processes to better meet our customers expectations.
- Most assigned tasks for this position may involve “ Light work”, however some may involve “ Medium Work” as defined below. The hiring authority may review the applicant’ s physical ability based on the specific tasks to be assigned:
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.