Senior System Engineer
5945 Optical Court San Jose, CA 95138
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Senior System Engineer to be part of our client’ s team in San Jose. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
Sr. System Engineer
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Senior Systems Engineer will be part of the system development team focusing on supporting on-market liquid handling automation systems.
- Major tasks will include instrument failure analysis/trouble-shooting, feasibility evaluations, testing, implementation and validation of changes, in collaboration with internal/external stakeholders.
- Maintain and optimize automated systems to ensure the product continuously meet customer requirements as well as applicable standards and regulations
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
- Troubleshoot anomalies
- Perform failure/root cause analysis using tools such as FMEA
- Perform risk and impact analysis
- Perform feasibility evaluations or equivalency studies
- Implement changes
- Perform traceability analysis
- Verify and validate effectiveness of changes
- Create artifacts required per applicable procedures
- Track issues found according to company' s defect/change tracking process
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor' s degree in Electrical Engineering, Automation, Mechanical Engineering or related disciplines.
- Advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience preferably with liquid handling
- 5+ automation systems
- Hands-on experience with integrated pipetting systems such as Hamilton, Tecan, Beckman, or others is a plus
- Experience in reliability or life testing
- Experience owning and managing CAPA investigations
- Understanding of the mechanics of automated systems
- Familiar with compliance testing such as EMC/EMI is a huge plus
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills