Senior Software Engineer (Quality)
10188 Telesis Ct, Ste 300 San Diego, CA 92121
Client Industry: Health care
Position: Senior Quality Engineer (Data Analytics)
Location: San Diego, CA OR Campbell, CA
Duration: 6-12 months contract to hire
About Us: Founded in 2001, Bayside Solutions was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
About the role: This role requires the candidate to have a solid understanding of data analytics and be involved hands on in data extraction and transformation testing since the client’ s work is very data dependent. You will have the opportunity to lead and provide technical support to team members and rely of creativity and resourcefulness to resolve a variety of complicated tasks as they present themselves. Strong communication and partnership skills are important for success in this position.
- Create and execute functional verification tests, system integration tests, regression tests and API tests.
- Develop test approach and test coverage matrix.
- Perform data extraction, transformation and analysis of data for use in testing application functionality.
- View logs and run the debugger to isolate application issues to verify and reproduce defects.
- Work in a fast-pace Agile environment and communicate effectively with technical and business stakeholders.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and best practices.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- 7 years’ experience in QA Engineering
- Experience with testing frameworks and code quality tools
- Strong experience with white-box, black-box, web-service integration and server back-end testing.
- Strong experience with SQL and relational databases (Oracle preferred).
- Strong data analytics skill.
- Ability to identify trends and deficiencies in data sets to enhance the test coverage.
- UNIX/LINUX experience.
- Strong experience in the use of UNIX command line tools, editors, and shell scripting.
- Experience with setting up isolated environments to run repeatable tests.
- XML experience
- Testing complex algorithms and aggregations of claims / data sets
Education: Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Bio Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering or any related field