Senior Software Engineer
5945 Optical Court San Jose, CA 95138
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to be part of our client’ s team in the South Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
Senior Software Engineer
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Software Development: This is a hands-on software development contractor position to write high quality software that will perform at scale, be supportable, and be extensible
- Process & Operations: Ensure the software stack integrates with our existing laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and contribute to continuous improvement; independently design, plan and deliver high quality software
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Life Science is preferred
- 5+ years of work experience in writing Windows-based software
- 5+ applications involving a graphical user interface and complex sets of
- 5+ business requirements and rules
- Ideally have full-stack experience, with expertise in at least one layer
- Ability to clearly communicate within the team and across business functions
- Strong object-oriented programming skills
- Experience with relational database systems and knowledge of SQL
- Experience developing in C#/.NET and/or Java required
- Experience developing software for liquid handling robots is a plus
- Experience in healthcare is not required, but familiarity with healthcare data and workflows is a plus (e.g. HL7)