Senior Software Engineer (Quality) Data Analytics Focused
10188 Telesis Ct, Ste 300 San Diego, CA 92121 | Contract-to-Hire
ROLE: Senior Software Engineer (Quality) Data Analytics Focused
LOCATIONS: Campbell CA, and San Diego CA
INDUSTRY: Healthcare IT
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Senior Software Quality Engineer with a heavy Data Analytics Focus for our Healthcare IT services.
A successful candidate for this role will have an advanced comprehension of the SDLC such as requirement gathering, design proposals, implementation, testing and maintenance for the enhancement of both existing and new products & tools. Our client’ s product is very data dependent, so a successful individual will understand and perform data analytics, and ETL testing. Having advanced technical knowledge, a successful candidate will lead and mentor lesser experienced engineers with a career development focus and assist with career accomplishments
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- The role will involve the creation and execution of functional verification tests, system integration tests, regression tests and API tests.
- This position will view logs and run the debugger to isolate application issues to verify and reproduce defects.
- This role will perform data extraction, transformation and analysis of data for use in testing application functionality.
- Development of a test approach and test coverage matrix will be expected.
- Great interpersonal relations, team cooperation and the ability to communicate with technical and business stakeholders
- Strong collaboration and communication with teams and employees across the organization is essential.
- Experience working in a highly collaborative, cross-functional Agile work environment.
- Familiarity with emerging technologies and software development best practices
- Ability and desire to quickly evaluate and learn new concepts, technical skills and technologies
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to mentor others and lead design efforts
- Bachelor’ s Degree or above (Computer Science, Bio Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering or any related field)
- 5+ years’ experience of recent QA Engineering Experience
- Experience with testing frameworks and code quality tools
- Strong experience with white-box, black-box, web-service integration and server back-end testing.
- Strong experience with SQL and relational databases (Oracle preferred).
- Strong data analytics skills.
- Ability to identify trends and deficiencies in data sets to enhance the test coverage.
- UNIX/LINUX experience.
- Strong experience in the use of UNIX command line tools, editors, and shell scripting.
- Experience with setting up isolated environments to run repeatable tests.
NICE TO HAVE:
- XML experience
- Testing of complex algorithms or aggregations of claims medical data sets