300 Bel Marin Keys Blvd.
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 15992
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Senior Security Specialist, Systems Administrator to be part of our client’ s team in Novato. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Senior Security Specialist, Systems Administrator
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Manages and oversees the daily administration of security systems and technology, and provides direction as needed to ensure security systems and technology are applied properly for the security of sites.
- Manages incident investigations and conducts audits, ensuring swift issue identification and resolution with minimal disruption; and identifying improvements of processes and responses.
- Builds partnerships with internal stakeholders to enable their work and to maintain a secure work environment.
- Stays current regarding industrial security practices, trends and technologies and maintains the site security program to the level of expectations desired by Global Security.
- Partners with internal vested parties, including Security Managers, GSOC, IT, and Cyber to understand and address their needs with security technology solutions.
- Acts as First Point of Contact for escalation of security system issues and responds accordingly.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Builds and deploys security systems training programs for GSOC Operators as appropriate.
- Ensures Global Security vendors, such as Guard Services Provider, Security Systems Integrator, and other vendors meet company standards and contractual requirements.
- Liaises with contracted guard force Account Manager to maintain all aspects of security systems for Northern California operations including review of related training for the contracted guard force.
- Works on system health and maintenance, track system issues, apply updates, repairs, and ensure the system is running at its peak performance.
- Executes a documented performance and maintenance program for the company' s physical security devices.
- Works quickly to address and remedies unanticipated faults within the Security Technology portfolio and ensure minimal system downtime.
- Contacts appropriate security integrators to schedule onsite service tickets for failed and problematic devices and driving those repairs to completion.
- Ensures operational effectiveness of all security systems with updated monthly/weekly/daily audits of their performance.
- Troubleshoots security problems and assesses the need for external service.
- Provides guidance to vendors regarding security systems Plan and preforms system and software upgrade for access control, VMS and other security applications.
- Responsible for ensuring our current physical security systems and technologies are working to their full abilities.
- Responsible for the administration, programming and troubleshooting of our global footprint of security systems.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS/BA in Life Sciences
- 3 years of experience working in a GMP environment
- Certified in access control and CCTV systems-CCure/Genetec CCTV Experience with system integration in security systems across multiple platforms Demonstrated expertise leading global security systems projects and multi-site deployments.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to diverse audiences at multiple levels within the company using written, oral and multimedia modalities.
- Ability to communicate on both technical and operational levels and bridge the gap between Physical Security team requests and technical implementation.
- Strong knowledge of computer operations and applications, including MS Office, Internet Browsing, and the ability to quickly understand security systems.
- Physical security experience in the Pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
- Understanding of basic networking concepts (IP addresses, MAC addresses).
- Self-motivated and begins projects and work tasks without supervision or direction.
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in the maintenance of computer peripherals, set-up, and configuration of network and computer systems and components.
- Understanding of Project Management methods with some experience.
- The incumbent will occasionally be required to work after normal hours to manage emergencies or other situations that need personal supervision to guarantee effective and timely job completion.