Senior Security Analyst
5130 Hacienda Drive Dublin, CA 94568
Position: Senior Security Analyst
Location: Dublin, CA
Client Industry: Retail
Terms: Full Time OR Contract to Hire
Number of positions: 2
About Us: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
About the role:
As a Senior Security Analyst, you will be responsible for validating security requirements adherence, evaluating security services and technologies, and maintaining information security policies and procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To maintain up-to-date knowledge of the IT security industry, including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
- Assist in researching and evaluating various methods to secure systems, networks, databases, and business applications in support of the project deliverable, related services and other IT organizations.
- Performs host security certification to ensure compliance with minimum security baselines.
- Maintains system, database, or network devices minimum security baselines and automated scripts use for host security certification process.
- Monitor current and proposed laws, regulations, industry standards, and ethical requirements related to information security and privacy, so that the company is warned in advance and is ready to be fully compliant with these requirements.
- Develop and execute test cases and procedures for validation of project related security requirements.
- Assist in the execution of project related penetration testing and source code security review, where applicable.
- Contributes in identifying resolution to security related problems by using creative thinking and problem solving.
- Familiarity with firewalls, VPN, PKI, IPS, wireless, IPT, virtualization security, Oracle and MS SQL preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in risk evaluation and determining mitigating controls.
- Demonstrated experience in information security for applications, web architectures, operating systems, databases, and networks.
- Working knowledge of UNIX and Windows.
- Ability to articulate security issues in terms of business risk.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems.
- Ability to work in a group setting and independently.