4560 Horton Street Emeryville, CA 94608
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Senior Scientist to be part of our client’ s team in Emeryville. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- This position will support the Diagnostics Research function in work to perform basic research and development.
- This could be in molecular biology, immunology, microbiology or biochemistry, depending upon the need.
- This is an advanced career level position for someone with a recognized level of expertise and part of the job scope will be supervising and training lower level associates doing routine lab support.
- Assist in and carry out research towards immunoassay development and biomarker research/discovery.
- Perform experiments to support characterization of antibodies or recombinant proteins. Analyze results and interpret data.
- Takes directions well, but can also independently execute on experiments with minimal oversight.
- Able to review literature and develop understanding of project background.
- Ability to integrate and work effectively as part of a team.
- Propose and execute on scientific methods for experiments.
- Analyze antibody specificity, running immunoassays, and/or equipment for routine laboratory work e.g. analysis by ELISAs, Western blot, SDS-PAGE, cell-based or bead-based assays.
- Assists in recombinant protein and antibody purification and characterization. Experience in light scattering analysis, Octet/BLI, Biacore and/or LC-MS highly desirable.
- Propose and execute on scientific methods for experiments with creativity and reliability.
- Other lab related duties including: detailed, accurate record keeping, maintaining lab equipment and laboratory supplies and working with glassware support staff.
- Ability to prepare reports, process data for presentations, contribute to manuscripts for scientific journals and intellectual property drafts and documentation and / or technical drafts
- Serve as Research representative for cross functional team such as Health, Safety and Environment.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Biology, Chemistry or related scientific field, M.Sc. preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in laboratory setting; experience in pharmaceutical/biotech a plus.
- Theoretical and working knowledge of scientific principles with critical analytical skills.
- Recognized Technical expertise in given field (through documented results. Eg co-authorship on publication).
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Reliability for executing extended scientific protocols.
- Strong presentation skills and able to articulate findings to various levels to management.
- Ability to routinely and independently propose protocol design and trouble shooting.
- Excellent knowledge of MS-Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.